Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Wow! That's awesome! I figure your lack of hunger is that you are in pretty deep ketosis (fat burning) state. :) Causes a huge decrease in hunger! And I also figure no satiety from the shakes. But do you feel a sense of "heaviness" that is new when you eat the hard boiled eggs or cottage cheese?

How much volume of cottage cheese are you eating per serving just out of curiousity? Do you feel fuller with it than before?

Cudos to you and thanks for tracking all this! I have a theory that although a reset may not actually affect the physical size of the stomach, I think it may provide a hormonal switch/reset on your gut-brain axis and affect our perception of satiety. :)

I do feel the heaviness with the cottage cheese again. I eat a full cup over a half hour, so 8oz, because I want to keep the Protein up... but I may cut to 6oz today depending on how I feel later tonight (since it is making me feel fuller than it typically does).

It's kind of a bizarre phenomenon because pre-op, if I would fast and then come out of a fast, eating anything would fill me up much quicker and I always attributed it to "shrinking my stomach". It's definitely the same sensation now, but I don't know the cause - whether it is tightening things up a bit or just changing the perception.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Day 5 of the pouch reset and it is going fantastically. I have lost 5lbs this week, and wasn't afforded a lunch yesterday due to a crazy long 5 hour work meeting so I tried eating some Jerky and got full after 2/3rds of the stick. Definitely did what it's supposed to. Worked out for 2.5 hours yesterday with the trainer, no issues. Feeling great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey girl, how's the reset going? I had to stop mine due to a little med. hiccup, and plan on maybe starting back on it on Monday coming up. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Hey girl, how's the reset going? I had to stop mine due to a little med. hiccup, and plan on maybe starting back on it on Monday coming up. :)

Awesomely. I lost a little over 5lbs last week and felt amazing. I am essentially sticking to my modified diet indefinitely. I am actually getting MORE Protein now than I did before because I brought back the dreaded Protein Shakes (which actually taste fine, lol). I still enjoy a "regular" bariatric diet on the weekends, but for the most part I am sticking to this new thing I have going on during the work week. I definitely feel full so much quicker - even cottage cheese is difficult to eat at a full 8oz like I was before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mousecat88 said:

Awesomely. I lost a little over 5lbs last week and felt amazing. I am essentially sticking to my modified diet indefinitely. I am actually getting MORE Protein now than I did before because I brought back the dreaded Protein Shakes (which actually taste fine, lol). I still enjoy a "regular" bariatric diet on the weekends, but for the most part I am sticking to this new thing I have going on during the work week. I definitely feel full so much quicker - even cottage cheese is difficult to eat at a full 8oz like I was before.

That's fabulous!!!! Congrats on the new realization of your full meter and on losing the 5lbs and on having a NEW plan!

Ok, tell me your weekday plan again? bahahahaha Remember I'm old and forget things. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FluffyChix said:

That's fabulous!!!! Congrats on the new realization of your full meter and on losing the 5lbs and on having a NEW plan!

Ok, tell me your weekday plan again? bahahahaha Remember I'm old and forget things. :D

=p I have a soy Protein isolate shake for Breakfast, a light and fit greek yogurt for a snack (if I need one), a hard boiled egg for lunch, a soy protein isolate shake for afternoon snack, and cottage cheese/hardboiled egg for dinner. I randomly munch on cherry tomatoes/blueberries too occasionally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mousecat88 said:

=p I have a soy Protein isolate shake for Breakfast, a light and fit greek yogurt for a snack (if I need one), a hard boiled egg for lunch, a soy Protein isolate shake for afternoon snack, and cottage cheese/hardboiled egg for dinner. I randomly munch on cherry tomatoes/blueberries too occasionally.

Ok, got it, TY for sharing!!! Sounds awesome! So maybe 600ish cals and loads of protein and low carbs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty much! I am hitting 98-105g of Protein eating this. Not bothering tracking carbs because I know there's virtually none in all of those things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WTG girl! Now I can't wait for Monday again. :) We're goin to the river this weekend, so I know it's pointless to start mine again, but I too have taken up a Protein Drink (full one) each day. So far since surgery last Thursday night I lost 7 of the 8lbs of Fluid I gained from the IV. That's the quickest to lose that kind of weight in my life. So am hopeful! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, annetteecret@aol.com said:

You have inspired me. I need to do a pouch reset. It’s been almost two years since my sleeve surgery and I’m definitely gaining weight and eating way too much. Early on if I over did it with food I would become sick. That no longer happens. Pray for me please!!!

You can do it! I would recommend following the "actual" pouch reset diet. I'm doing a modified one.

https://www.livestrong.com/article/430673-how-to-complete-five-day-bariatric-diet/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am looking for parters for a pouch reset. Anyone what to do it together to inspire and hold accountable to keep it off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×