Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

I’m just at the beginning of my path and I do some sort of research every day. I’m in a 12 week “Healthy Weight” class required by my insurance before I even talk to the bariatric department. I can call the bariatric department once I’m half way through the 12 weeks.

I’m still not 100% sure I’ll have wls. That is why I keep reading the boards, books, and watching videos. I want to be as sure as I can before I make my final decision. I want to do so with my eyes open to the risks and -realistic- benefits. In the meantime, I’ve cut out almost all sugar, went low carb, measure my portions and work out 5 times a week. I’ve lost 31 lb in the last 2 months! I have a lot more weight to lose but this helps me imagine what life might be like after surgery. It helps thinking that these changes are life now, not the exception. It makes me feel more positive I could handle life after wls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Jonah said:

I’m just at the beginning of my path and I do some sort of research every day. I’m in a 12 week “Healthy Weight” class required by my insurance before I even talk to the bariatric department. I can call the bariatric department once I’m half way through the 12 weeks.

I’m still not 100% sure I’ll have wls. That is why I keep reading the boards, books, and watching videos. I want to be as sure as I can before I make my final decision. I want to do so with my eyes open to the risks and -realistic- benefits. In the meantime, I’ve cut out almost all sugar, went low carb, measure my portions and work out 5 times a week. I’ve lost 31 lb in the last 2 months! I have a lot more weight to lose but this helps me imagine what life might be like after surgery. It helps thinking that these changes are life now, not the exception. It makes me feel more positive I could handle life after wls.

You should be proud of your changes.

I've been asked to do up to 4 weeks preop so I assume I'll lose some myself before going under the knife.

People say why go under if you can lose yourself?

Well the surgery is about more than just weight loss the bypass will change everything internally for us.

Edited by Mikeyy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Mikeyy said:

You should be proud of your changes.

I've been asked to do up to 4 weeks preop so I assume I'll lose some myself before going under the knife.

People say why go under if you can lose yourself?

Well the surgery is about more than just weight loss the bypass will change everything internally for us.

Yes, but even more importantly as a subcategory of "changing everything internally", it changes EVERYTHING hormonally!! And this resets our metabolism, lowers our set point and allows us to maintain our weight a little easier at that new lower set point. This is a huge differentiator!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FluffyChix said:

Yes, but even more importantly as a subcategory of "changing everything internally", it changes EVERYTHING hormonally!! And this resets our metabolism, lowers our set point and allows us to maintain our weight a little easier at that new lower set point. This is a huge differentiator!

that's actually what I meant :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is very very normal. I did the same thing before I got my surgery date which is 8/26/19.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Yep! Add me to the obsessed list lol. Before I even had a referral all I did was research, research, research haha. From forums to YouTube it’s literally all i did. I find out my surgery date on Thursday and I really wish I would have made this decision a lot earlier💗

Edited by mommy_vsg
Type to fast lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Raising my hand. I am an outlier and fascinated with nutrition and fitness. I am addicted to the baraitricpal drama and comedy. Its all good if it keeps me maintianing years out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 2:12 PM, Zemi said:

yes, a few months out still and i’m doing the research and watching things and doing what i can to be as ready as possible. it’s a major life change and i want to have the best chance of success possible! also a massive positive investment in myself which is different, so doing all i can to make this investment count and pay off 😀

You'll find that by watching all the videos, you will know what kind of information is out there. Later, as you go through a stall, or have questions, you will go back and watch them again and the information will be very helpful for the current situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Phew! Thought I was the only freaky obsessed one out there! My date is 8/12/19..... I’ve been going to all the support sites but I’d better get a move on the YouTube vids!!!! 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is normal and when you do have the date, you will enough info+suggestions to survive. The more informed you are the better you will go through your journey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 months on and Im not as obsessed but I still am learning about my own body. I may be a bit more passive, but Im still thinking about my health most of the time. Just saying...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Krestel

      First head cold since the surgery....at least I know that my body is back to "normal". /sigh
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • SabrinaGoddess

      Dietitian scheduled 11/18
      Mental Evaluation scheduled 11/18
      OMG we moving forward
      All things working toward my Dec 9th surgery date!

      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Krestel

      Me: Hey Siri, Is it raining outside? (for my morning walks with the dogs)
      Siri: I don't think it's raining at the moment.
      Wet Dogs: Then why are we wet? This damn Siri person is more stupid than we are.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Billy Bob  »  lvidacovich

      Drink Muscle Milk. lol  Gt 60 to 90 gm quality Protein & daily vitimins, good sleep, walking & resistant ( weight /bands/squats ) You absolutely build muscle. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • SabrinaGoddess

      I received my nutrition book and checklist today! I am so very excited (and a tad bit scared too) Each day this is becoming a reality!
      I created a new blog post about how BRAVE we all are for doing this. Because I think we are! Most of us know the horrors of people calling us nasty names, saying we can't control ourselves, we are easy targets for people's verbal attacks! But I feel we are BRAVE because we are taking control over our lives and creating a new world of happiness.

      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Trending Topics

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×