Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do YOU have excess skin ??

Do YOU have any excess skin!!  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do YOU have any excess skin!!

• Nope... none haven't had a problem with skin!
    • A lil bit but I can live with it.
    • Had alot but I have already seen the surgeon!
    • On my way to the surgeons office! LOL!!
    • I have alot but can't afford/unwilling to see a surgeon.

I am 44 and the only place I am considering plastic surgery is my abdomen. Most of my damage, is due to 3 pregnancies and having skin without good elasticity. Therefore, I have stretch marks, and stretched skin. My 95 pound weight loss has exagerated that problem and now I would like a TT.

I see you are only 19. You know, you might just be fine after you lose your weight. You are young and you may have been blessed with 'good' skin.

Let us know how it goes.

Also, where do you carry your weight? I think that makes a difference.

Because my stomach is Okish - I mean if I were to go in and ask for a TT I wouldnt be laughed out of the office, there's skin there that could come off. But its bikini worthy enough compared to the other people on the beach.

But my boobs, omg, they're atrocious, a train wreck. I have loose skin on the tops of them and they need lifting badly but the advice I've had so far is that the only thing that will fill out the stretched out, loose skin satisfactorily is an implant back to my former size. As that was an E cup, and if there were lifted at the same time, I'd have pretty stupendously impressive bazoongas - being 5ft 10, its actually not enormous on me. But I dont really want implants in my chest.

So I dont think I necessarily have great skin because it has stretched in some places like on my breasts. The stretchmarks I have there are from puberty, I went to bed flat chested and woke up with boobs! Its wrecked and it hasnt survived weight loss well. But my stomach has - it was fat but I never carried my weight there, it was mainly in my hips and thighs, and I didnt get huge in pregnancy becuase I had average babies and am very tall, so no enormous bump. So its all sorts of factors that combine.

Don't get your hopes up thinking that because you're young, you'll be ok. I'd like to think I'm relatively young, and hoped for the best too. I honestly don't think if you lose 100lb + you're gonna spring back to normal anyways... no matter how old/young you are. (well, maybe if you gained and lost 100lbs in a matter of a couple years, and never stretchmarked?)

Anyways... mine's not HORRIBLE. I will be posting pics soon. My arms are bat-winged/flabby enough that I wouldn't wear a sleeveless shirt (never have), my boobs look like deflated skin balloons, and my stomach looks like it's sliding down the front of my body and my inner thighs are saggy. Other than that... pretty good. Nothing important, eh? :) I'd for sure like to get my boobs fixed, and a Tummy Tuck, or better yet a lower body lift. Anything else would be a bonus.

I figure we're young, and why would we want to waste this time looking anything other than the best we can, for the time we can. I'll be wrinkly when I'm OLD!

Was planning a TT for Jan/Feb--but with my more recent surgery it will depend on the results, and recommendations from it.

When I can, this hanging skin on my belly is a goner!!

25 pounds and a TT, and I will be one happy woman!!

Even with it, I am pretty happy....

Kat

I was morbidly obese > 10 years so I'm not shocked at all to have hanging skin; I'm not to goal yet and already its driving me nuts - in particular the lower body. The arms and boobs aren't pretty but those are easier to hide with a good bra and longer sleeves.

good luck with your journey! I'm already researching plastic surgeon's and surgery like crazy- hopefully next October (after my bonus!) I'll be at goal and able to get my surgery done (at least the LBL)

About how much does a tt cost? I'm pretty sure I will have a lot of excess skin but don't know if I will want to do anything about it at my age.

I had a TT after about halfway through (Keep in mind, I thought I was more than 3/4 finished. I was not thinking I would keep losing so much weight...this band is a miracle)!

Anyway I think I got more positive results (and compliments) from the TT than I did from the weight I lost with the band! :-) I am so happy I did it. I'm lucky I didn't have a lot of excess skin, but it wasn't going away with diet or exercise - surgery was the only option for that unneeded extra skin. I'm grateful!

The short answer is yes.

My hips and thighs and are saggy and my stomach is also pretty bad. Luckily (ha!) I carried most of my weight in my stomach and put my weight on gradually, so my inner thighs and arms are pretty good (some stretch marks but nothing worth surgery - lets see in another 20 pounds though).

I have recently been researching recontructive surgery, I'm looking at a TT or a LBL perhaps with some Lipo first and a breast lift at a later stage (they are pretty saggy, but I can live with them for a couple of years). I have no idea where I am going to get the money from but I need to have the surgery to feel like my journey is complete, you know? I'm with Argon, why spend the rest of my life unhappy with how I look after all this hard work I've put in, I'm only 29 for pete's sake!

At 30 (29 when banded) I had great hopes that my skin would bounce back. Well it didn't. I had a lot of loose sag in my stomach, butt and thighs. I could not fathom losing over 100lbs and still feeling fat and gross so I opted to have a lower body lift. I am now a little over a week post op and feeling pretty good all things considered.