Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

my first migraine, my first return, my first frustration...

Ok. My son was almost given a spinal tap last week for what they thought was meningitis. miraculously (i do not use that term lightly), he was "cured" while he was in the wheel chair on the way to ER from the Pediatric Clinic while we were there on our 2nd visit in the same week.

anyways, he had some crazy virus (he has now had 2 of those, and each time he has some sort of bone marrow suppression, and his white blood cell count goes REALLY low)..we only pray that it never turns into anything serious.

ok, well, this last week has been extremely stressful, and this is the week of the month for me that is HELL. so, i've had some sugar the last few days, and haven't been taking as much care of myself (i may lose my job due to my son causing me to miss work (i already missed a lot for me)).

so, i haven't had a Migraine since surgery. let me tell you, this is nothing short than a great victory for me. i have Migraines twice a week usually. so i get this migraine today, and i am like "freakin' great." so, i e-mail my neuro to ask her to call in the maxalt, the skelaxin, and another pain medicine in case the 2 previous mentioned do not work. i get a maxalt from my boss to tie me over. i get off work, migraine is coming back. take my son to scouts, migraine is back. stop by the pharmacy and THEY DIDN'T CALL IT IN TODAY, EVEN THOUGH THEY SAID THEY WOULD.

so, i go home, (oh yeah and i mentioned my child being sick because....) with a sour stomach, and a migraine (and i have been burping like CRAZY, with cramps and lots of fun stuff). so, i get home and decide that i have to remedy my migraine with what i have. so i take my last meprizine. no luck, i call the pharmacy to ask if i can crush darvacet. well, that almost made me throw up (the taste was unbearable), so i take 3 tylenol instead, knowing that not only will they not work, but they cause rebound headaches. so then, i call the pharmacist again to see if i can take the skelaxin after breaking it into quarters. she said yes

..ok, the 3rd quarter of the pill and the Water i was drinking came straight back up out of my mouth and onto the counter. OK, THAT WAS AMAZING. I felt like it wasn't going down, and then boom, it was right back up. i can't say it was a pb, because it didn't hurt and i didn't burp, so i am labeling it a "return".

so now, i have swallowed 3 tylenol, 4 1/4's of a skelaxin, birth control pill, 2 multivitamin's, and i still have a freaking migraine. now i'm sitting here waiting for my homeade cocktail to go down, so i can take a phazyme and get rid of some of this pressure.

has anyone else found themselves in a medical situation where their band hindered their treatment (i.e. couldn't take horse pills, etc.). i wasn't told by my doc that i couldn't take big pills, but i don't want to try it.

has anyways else successfully swalling large pills not in a capsule form (i.e. darvocet, skelaxin).

ok, so that was long, and boring, but i needed to share, and mainly i need to try to distract myself from some of this pain in hopes that all of those meds will kick in pretty soon, so i can go to sleep.< /p>

Sorry to hear that you're going through all this. I hope your Migraine lets up so you can sleep soon. I used to get Migraines prior to being banded as well. No more!

I don't know if you made the connection, but reading your post, it sounds as if maybe sugar triggers your migraines? Avoid that poison at all costs!!! I believe it's what triggered mine....

I am praying that your son stays healthy, and that you get some relief from your headache.

I really can't help with the pill swallowing scenario, because that all depends on how tight your band is, and every person is different. I've had little bitty pills get stuck, and have had some larger pills go right on through with no problem, so I have no advice on this. All I can say is try it at your own risk, and understand that if one gets stuck it can be VERY painful, and enduring....

Good luck! ((((((((hugs))))))))))

thank you. and although sugar may be the culprit, i without fail always, always, get a Migraine that lasts almost thru my period (sorry guys).

i really need to consider skipping the blank pills. i was hoping it woudn't happen, but i didn't realize that my last period was before surgery. so i should have know.

my dh pointed this out to me months ago. he says i'm always really "sick" the days before. i usually hurt all over and have a 3 day recurring migraine. he picked up on it before me. one day he was like "it must be almost time", because it is sooo bad.

Find out if u can crush or break the pills into small pieces thats what I have to do with certain meds it taste aweful but at least u can get some relief. I hope everything gets better for you.

"ok, well, this last week has been extremely stressful, and this is the week of the month for me that is HELL. so, i've had some sugar the last few days, and haven't been taking as much care of myself (i may lose my job due to my son causing me to miss work (i already missed a lot for me)).

so, i haven't had a Migraine since surgery. let me tell you, this is nothing short than a great victory for me. i have Migraines twice a week usually. so i get this migraine today, and i am like "freakin' great." "

Okay, I am no expert by any means, but I have lots of friends and family who are afflicted with migraines. First of all stress is a trigger, so it goes without saying that you were under stress at this time. However, have you done a lot of research into what some of your food triggers could be? I wonder about the sugar. Not just the sugear, but the fact that sugar was introduced after you had not had "any" for a while. I just have to wonder what impact this had on your system....combination of sugar and stress.....hmmmmmm.

i'm sure that sugar is a trigger food. i used to think it was cheese and highly processed foods like lunch meat. but i have been eating that since surgery, and i have not had a Migraine. now, i have been having some sugar often since surgery. i know, i have to stop, but this last week has been the worse. i even had ice cream 2 seperate times.

so, i'm sure that the sugar was a trigger. the funny thing is, i told dh that i have to really pay attention to what new foods that i am eating to find out what my triggers are. should have seen the sugar, as yesterday and the day before were my two worse days.

i have not ever heard that sugar can trigger the migraine.

thank you all for your replys.

i'm going to my neuro this morning to pick up my scripts (turns out they can't call one of them in, so they are writing all of them). i have my migraine under control, although last night i was VERY nauseous while i was sleeping. every time i would roll over, i would get motion sickness.

I'm sooo soo sorry you have to go through this. I have Migraines too varying from the pain so bad that I can't handle the slightest air movement to ocular migraines. I had an ocular Migraine last night..very weird I had just come back from the gym and I was sitting at the table eating dinner and all of a sudden my vision went wavy...it usually last for about 20 minutes and then is followed by a headache. Is there meds that you can get in liquid form? Just a thought..

i got the maxalt melts. i finally was able to get a couple of them filled today. last night was horrible. i was very frustrated, but the skelaxin caused everything to relax (that and 3 tylenol and 1 mepergim). so, i kicked it, and now i will be prepared for another one when it comes.

i'm wondering if chocolate could be the culprit. it is TOM and this week is the first that i have eaten any significant chocolate (aside from a mini candy bar before). so i'm wondering if the dark chocolate has something in it. i just had a piece and i will see.

but i do have good news, my cravings have nearly subsided today. that is good. really good.