Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone in Chicago Let's do dinner

What if we just get together for dinner one Saturday. My wife and I do not no anyone that has had this surgery. We would not have to do a complete bash. Just go out to eat dutch treat. Any takers

Works for me! My weekends are pretty busy, but pick a date & I'll be there if I can.

Would Feb 19th work for you. That gives us a month for others to join. Is Oakbrook far for you. We are from Aurora.

Frank,

The 19th is great for me as it is a day before my birthday and Oak Brook is even better as that is where I work! There are some great restaurants out here. I particularly like the Cheesecake Factory because it has so much variety and the portions are huge so it's nice to order a few and then share but I am totally addicted to their crabcakes. To die for!!

Just let me know and I'm in!!!

Guest punky247

Oh my gosh I just joined the group and saw this message I am in Palos. Oakbrook is my home away from home. Can I join you. Please e-mail with the details if it's okay. I was banded on Sept.21 2004 by Dr. Horgan @UIC. I am just so excited to hear grom people in Chicago. Here is my e-mail Aimee23@att.net

Where is the cheese cake factory in Oakbrook. We love the one downtown. Could you check and see if they will take a small group.

It's in the parking lot of the OakBrook mall. In the place where the old theatre was. They tore down that building and built a new one. It is gorgeous. We had our department holiday dinner there, about 12 people. They don't take reservations but they did let us call in right before we left to put ourselves on the list but wouldn't seat us until everyone showed up.

But if Oakbrook isn't good for everyone, I could certainly do downtown as well. My DH works downtown so we are out and about there alot.

I'm so excited to meet y'all!! Let me know if the 19th still sounds good and we can coordinate!

Let's try to make this work. We would enjoy meeting you all. Will the cheese cake factory work for everyone. It will work for us. We can travel if needed. We are coming in from Aurora. It is only 30 min. to Oakbrook and 1hr the downtown.

Guest Willo

I have been lurking here (for the most part) for a long time, and I would LOVE to meet you guys. I am going to be in Chicago for the Bandster Bash in April. Area any of you going to attend?

Uh, not to be dense, Trish, but what Bandster Bash in April? Do you have details?

Guest Willo

You are hereby invited to attend Converge On Chicago: A National Bandster Bash.

The dates are April 8 – 10, 2005 and this grand event will take place at the Holiday Inn Rosemont, just minutes from O’Hare airport (a free shuttle service is provided to the hotel from O’Hare). Make plans now to attend the Bash, where we will finally get to meet each other in person and actually speak to each other with voices instead of typing! Bring your cameras, bring your spouses and friends, and most of all … just come ready to socialize, to be entertained, and to be inspired. This is the weekend we will be posting about for months to come… don’t be left out of the fun!

Find all the details about registering for the Bash at

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/bandsterbash

At the Yahoo Group site, in addition to all the specific information about Converge On Chicago, you will find the Registration materials. Also look for details about how your before/after photos can be a part of the program!

We’re looking forward to seeing you in Chicago in April!

We are excited and pleased to announce David Kiley will be our keynote speaker at the Chicago Bandster Bash.

For those of you unfamiliar with David Kiley, here's a little info to peak your interest:

David Kiley is Marketing Editor at Businessweek Magazine. Prior to joining Businessweek, Kiley was Detroit Bureau Chief for USA Today where he covered the auto industry, as well as wrote about his experience as a Bandster. Kiley has also worked for Adweek and Brandweek as an editor, as well as for two leading advertising agencies. He has appeared many times on national TV and radio as an authority on the auto industry, advertising, as well as to talk about his Bandster experience. Kiley is the author of two books: Getting The Bugs Out: The Rise, Fall and Comeback of Volkswagen in America (2001); and Driven: Inside BMW: The Most Admired Car Company in the World (2004). He is now working on a book he says is about eating, the food industry, U.S. food culture and weight loss surgery. Kiley is the current President of the International Motor Press Association. He resides in Fanwood, N.J. with his wife, Amy, and son, Henry.

We are excited that David will be able to join us at our very first Chicago Bandster Bash and share his lap-band experience with all of us. It's nice to have someone who can relate to Bandsters and our way of life. I hope you all share in the excitement of the Bandster Bash Committee in welcoming David Kiley to Chicago in April of 2005!

… The Converge On Chicago Planning Committee