Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Say a prayer as I go for my ckup today....

I have been posting here off and on for two weeks about my problem with allergies and drainage at night leading to vomiting. I have not had any problems with my band thus far until these last 2 weeks with this vomiting at night. I know it is not acid reflux because I only vomit when coughing vigorously etc. I have switched my allergy pill to a different kind, increased fluids, sleep in the recliner and all that but still it is persistent. I go today for an exam under fluoro to see what it looks like and probably get an unfill. I have a huge fear of slippage or band erosion, so please pray God will give me peace about this. My appt is at 4 pm EST and I am a worry wart.

The main reason I worry about the slippage/erosion thing is that the last time he looked at me under fluoro, he was concerned because he said my pouch looked "generous" or bigger than normal. :paranoid But I swear I go by all the banding rules of eating, etc. and wondered how it could go wrong. So please pray that I calm down and have a good turnout this evening after fluoro. If an unfil will help with the mucus I am gonna go for it. THe nurse said he would probably bring me back in in a couple of months and do another fill to get me back up to 1 cc where I am now.

Thanks for listening to me whine and worry.....

WIshing you possitive news

Do not worry about slippage...if it iwas slippage you would not even be able to drink Water without throwing up..nothing would get past the band without vomiting. Erosion is rare..I think you just need a slight unfill or a complete unfill to give your esophagus a rest. Your band will be fine, try not to worry :cool:

Be sure to post tonight and let us know the results...I'll be looking for it! God Bless You! By the way, this is the place to worry and fret..."the banded ones" will really look out for you, that much I can see, and they understand all of your concerns. Good Luck...praying too...

Thanks for all your prayers, I will post back on here tonight and share what is found today. I love the support of this group.

Thanks and God Bless you all!

You're very wise to have this double-checked, just to be on the safe side. Hopefully, this visit will relieve those horrible symptoms. Please let us know how you're doing.

We always think the worst case scenerio with our bands. I will pray that everthing turns out alright and it is a case of your drainage upsetting your tummy..

Ethel,

We are all thinking about you. Please try not to get to upset until there is something to worry about. I find I tend to over react early and make my self extremely upset. I am working on that, its hard but concentrate on your progress and remember to breathe.

Rachel b

Good Wednesday Morning folks.....Well, I went for my unfill, and I do have a true slippage! My worst fears became reality. I questioned and cried and questioned the doc what had I done, but in his eyes, it was not anything in his opinion that I had done to make it slip, just the way my stomach is. Of course I fell apart and kept blaming me for it all, but he reassured me again. Next step is to go back in and do a revision surgery, just waiting now to see if the insurance will cover this one now. He said the voming was caused by the slippage, not my allergies draining and coughing although he agreed it did contribute to some of it. Long story short I am on the worry boat again hoping for insurance coverage for the revisional surgery. Now I ask that you say a prayer for me about this.

Like I said, I had no symptoms of the slippage other than the sudden vomiting these last two weeks, so ya'll please take care of yourselves and your band.

Thanks for your care and concern....

Good Wednesday Morning folks.....First the only good news I got, I have lost 135.5 pounds now.....Now the bad new...I went for my unfill, and I do have a true slippage! My worst fears became reality. I questioned and cried and questioned the doc what had I done, but in his eyes, it was not anything in his opinion that I had done to make it slip, just the way my stomach is. Of course I fell apart and kept blaming me for it all, but he reassured me again. Next step is to go back in and do a revision surgery, just waiting now to see if the insurance will cover this one now. He said the voming was caused by the slippage, not my allergies draining and coughing although he agreed it did contribute to some of it. Long story short I am on the worry boat again hoping for insurance coverage for the revisional surgery. Now I ask that you say a prayer for me about this. He took out all of the saline from the band hoping this would help the vomiting for now but said he did not think the vomiting would clear up until we did the revisional surgery. Please pray that is soon, as he and I both worry about me dehydrating and the vomiting is just not any fun and not sleeping good for it....

Like I said, I had no symptoms of the slippage other than the sudden vomiting these last two weeks, so ya'll please take care of yourselves and your band.

Thanks for your care and concern....

I'm really sorry to hear this Ethel. :cool: I had this same thing happen and as much as it's heard you would KNOW if you had slippage, it's just not true. My slippage was very silent UNTIL I got a fill and suddenly developed the nighttime reflux. The band simply can slip downward on the stomach creating a 'bowl' effect above the band without any overt symptoms. It seems to sort of just 'slip' up and down on the stomach until there is some more constriction or it bulges through enough that it begins to show signs.

I know it's worriesome. Mine was unfilled for a month before my revision, but thankfully, I was able to use all I had learned about making the right food choices and I did not gain. I actually lost 5 lbs through the whole ordeal. Honestly, the second surgery wasn't any worse than the first, but it did sort of take the wind out of my sails for awhile. My insurance did cover the second surgery, thankfully, or I would never have been able to do it. I really hope all goes well for you. It's disappointing, but it all works out in the end.