Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I go to a therapist that works with them, not one in their office. The contract therapists will always say you're ok or else they won't get more referrals. The person that my doctor was working in the office required 3 hours for her appointment the referral doctor just 2. It was easy peasy said I was happy when filling out the forms said I was happy so all over with that.

Diagnosed with depression and anxiety here. My psychiatrist told me I wouldn't get approved on the psych eval either. Just goes to show what she knows. Passed with flying colors and had my surgery 5/20. Don't stress, but don't spill your guts either.

Now that is Righteous! My PCP lusts a whole of things wrong with me, largely to skim more monies off my insurances. Oh well, he is a pretty good doctor; had no problem referring me for Bariatric Surgery, for that I shall always be grateful.

Diagnosed with depression and anxiety here. My psychiatrist told me I wouldn't get approved on the psych eval either. Just goes to show what she knows. Passed with flying colors and had my surgery 5/20. Don't stress, but don't spill your guts either.
Same thing my Provider told me. So waiting for appointment to find out if he things I can. I think I messed up when I said I was an emotional eater plus told ate late ar 2am. Already have the bipolar thing but hopefully I passed.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using BariatricPal mobile app

Same thing my Provider told me. So waiting for appointment to find out if he things I can. I think I messed up when I said I was an emotional eater plus told ate late ar 2am. Already have the bipolar thing but hopefully I passed.

I passed yeah

I have C-PTSD, OCD, major depressive disorder, panic disorder and general anxiety disorder. I got clearance from my regular psych doc and have surgery 5/28. As long as you take your meds and are stable, you should be okay. The problem with Bipolar disorder is that many patients stop taking their meds when they feel better which triggers mania. I’ve been a psych RN for 20 years so I have a lot of experience with this. Also, my sister is bipolar and she had surgery 2 years ago. Our mother is also bipolar.

I'm Bipolar 2 and was cleared - my surgery is Aug. 5th. So long as you're steady and well-educated on the post-surgical risks, you should be fine.

I have C-PTSD, OCD, major depressive disorder, panic disorder and general anxiety disorder. I got clearance from my regular psych doc and have surgery 5/28. As long as you take your meds and are stable, you should be okay. The problem with Bipolar disorder is that many patients stop taking their meds when they feel better which triggers mania. I’ve been a psych RN for 20 years so I have a lot of experience with this. Also, my sister is bipolar and she had surgery 2 years ago. Our mother is also bipolar.
Yes that's what he said as long as my meds are keeping be stable. He also showed me my test scores on a graph I was blow their denial section so I am proved.

It seems they could’ve consulted with your treating provider and received all the information they need to know. It saddens me that the continued evaluation of individuals that are overweight and or who have a mental health condition continues the fear and stigma. If you have rational thought impulse control and decent judgment you got this best of luck to you dear!!!!!

Yeah, I have anxiety and depression and take medication and all they wanted to know is if I was going to continue to see my psychiatrist. (Yes)

I think the test is more to make sure you have the cognitive ability to give informed consent to the surgery and follow your plan. Having given the test also reduces the surgeon's liability if something does go wrong.

Well I never considered dropping anti- depressive drugs anyway, just had them changed from ER to I believe SR.
And yes, I knewbi had depression, but mine was tied to NOT receiving my surgery, Not to surgery itself, have not fallen back,into the Blue Pit of Despair since, oh I shall always have Depression lurking in the Wings, like many other things I am In "Remission" more than "Cured" but Life is Liveable and I still trust in a Happy Future!😛👍🍀

It seems they could’ve consulted with your treating provider and received all the information they need to know. It saddens me that the continued evaluation of individuals that are overweight and or who have a mental health condition continues the fear and stigma. If you have rational thought impulse control and decent judgment you got this best of luck to you dear!!!!!
Your absolutely right

Well I never considered dropping anti- depressive drugs anyway, just had them changed from ER to I believe SR.
And yes, I knewbi had depression, but mine was tied to NOT receiving my surgery, Not to surgery itself, have not fallen back,into the Blue Pit of Despair since, oh I shall always have Depression lurking in the Wings, like many other things I am In "Remission" more than "Cured" but Life is Liveable and I still trust in a Happy Future![emoji14][emoji106][emoji256]
My provider for mental health looked up liquid forms of the meds I take for post-op.

26 minutes ago, debra102364 said:

My provider for mental health looked up liquid forms of the meds I take for post-op.

I was able to take my pills the first morning after gastric sleeve surgery, as are a lot of people.

And I wish they hadn't wanted me to crush at the beginning, nobody really asked me if I could swallow whole. Would have saved me wear and tear, all that washing the pill crusher out. Why didn't I go ahead and do what I wanted anyway? Because I believed the promotional literature and leaflets, "Failure to comply insurases a future failure" Well I wanted be no trouble to anyone, I was going to be a Model patient! I forgot one of the definitions of "model " is: A Small imitation of the Real Thing. Tra lah lah!