Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm so excited about... Protien powder???

My husband just surprised me and ordered the Starter pack from Unjury so I can try all of their Protein powders. It's scary how excited I am! But I'm ready to see what will work for me on my liquid diet, and for protein after! I feel like this is a step that will get me to my next appointment. Anyone else have a similar experience?

My nutritionist just gave me a pack of chocolate injury Protein Powder. It was horrible!! Hope you like some of the flavors

Don't do what I did and buy lots of Protein Powder. I could not stomach whey after surgery and ended up giving it all away!

GNC will give you taste samples and I went there after surgery and was able to find a few things.

Good luck!

1 hour ago, 49Nash said:

My nutritionist just gave me a pack of chocolate injury Protein Powder. It was horrible!! Hope you like some of the flavors

it's funny how different people's tastes are - Unjury products are one of my favorites!

gabybab I did the same thing! I bought 3 big containers of Protein Powder trying to make sure I was prepared for the next 6 weeks. I can hardly stomach it. Big investment too!

On 5/24/2019 at 6:56 PM, 49Nash said:

I haven't tried the chocolate yet. So far the chicken Soup is the best. I think the unflavored would work in a recipe but not in a drink. Made that mistake today.

I'm glad you're so excited. That's good for your future self. I stick with the pre-mades and generally GNC Lean shake in chocolate. My husband likes to try the flavors, banana and strawberry, but I stick with the basics.

On 5/24/2019 at 5:52 PM, apiane said:

My husband just surprised me and ordered the Starter pack from Unjury so I can try all of their Protein powders. It's scary how excited I am! But I'm ready to see what will work for me on my liquid diet, and for Protein after! I feel like this is a step that will get me to my next appointment. Anyone else have a similar experience?

We are almost twins! I am a patient of Dr. Fearing as well, and have similar stats (I am an inch shorter and about 10 pounds more than your current weight). Have you scheduled your surgery yet? Mine is 6/17. How are the Unjury powders? I haven't had any of them but would love to mix up my current liquid diet of Premier Protein shakes! Good luck to you!

In powders I like the flavor of Body Fortress strawberry. In ready made Ensure High Protein or Max in Strawberry, I recommend them but everybody's taste buds are different. Somebody quoted a brand and flavor I found absolutely YUCKY.Shame I couldn't post them my overflow and rejects!

I initially thought I would use the pre-made Protein Drinks so I bought a few boxes so I would not have to worry. After I came home from the hospital, I literally could not stand the scent of any pre-made shakes. I ended up buying a container of Whole Foods whey chocolate Protein powder and some almond milk and was good to go. It was soo weird though because I had previously been drinking Premier Protein, Slim Fast and Atkins with no issues.

I’m not a big fan of the powders, but I LOVE the Premier Protein drinks. Every flavor I’ve tried so far is great: Cookies & cream, banana, caramel, vanilla. Yum! Definitely something to be excited about :)
Where do you buy yours? I bought a pack of the vanilla and the chocolate at Walmart before my surgery but that was all they had.
The vanilla I didn't think was bad but the chocolate one was kinda hard to get down. So I thought I'd give the others a try.

Sent from my moto e5 plus using BariatricPal mobile app

I tried the Premier rtd in chocolate and caramel...oh my gosh, that was toothache sweet lol. I got my sample box in from Unjury last week and so far have drank the 2 rtd and while the chocolate wasn't good to me, the vanilla was..just a tad too sweet, but pretty good. This is weird because i'm a total chocolate nut. I've also tried the vanilla and chocolate splendor packs mixed with almond milk and they are really good...I put more almond milk in to cut some of the sweetness.

On 05/24/2019 at 17:42, gabybab said:

Don't do what I did and buy lots of Protein powder. I could not stomach whey after surgery and ended up giving it all away!

GNC will give you taste samples and I went there after surgery and was able to find a few things.

Good luck!

I agree with this. I also became whey intolerant after surgery & had to give $100’s of product away.