Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vegas Vacation After VSG Food and Alcohol Thoughts

Hello All my VSG family. Hopeing I can get some advise here. I will be goint to Vegas in July and I will be 13 weeks Post op then. How did you handle eating and alcohol over there.

B......................A......................B.....................Y

WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS STAYS IN VEGAS

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

have fun and at least 1 Protein Shake & 2 bottles of Water every day... P.S. if you can't find someone you came with the next day, good chance he's on the roof.

B......................A......................B.....................Y
WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS STAYS IN VEGAS
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
have fun and at least 1 Protein Shake & 2 bottles of Water every day... P.S. if you can't find someone you came with the next day, good chance he's on the roof.
Lol love this!! I will definitely be taking Protein Shakes and Water ;)

Sent from my VS995 using BariatricPal mobile app

On most plans you're cleared to eat all foods by 13 weeks. If so, just take familiar food as a back up. But if it agrees with your system, there are healthy choices on just about every menu! Enjoy!

On most plans you're cleared to eat all foods by 13 weeks. If so, just take familiar food as a back up. But if it agrees with your system, there are healthy choices on just about every menu! Enjoy!
Thank you. What are your thoughts on drinking alcohol?

7 minutes ago, cuteliz7447 said:

Thank you. What are your thoughts on drinking alcohol?

I did drink alcohol early post WLS. My job actually involves a lot of drinking (entertaining customers). But a coupe of months in I decided to stop drinking nearly entirely. It just wasn't worth the added calories. I might eat 500 calries for the day, but then have another 500 calories in alcohol. It just seemed like a waste. I was working too hard and didn't want to undermine my weight loss. So while I doubt it will do you any physical harm, it will most likely negatively impact your weight loss in the short term.

Thank you! I was just thinking maybe having one drink per day of vodka and lite cranberry hopefully that is not to bad. Did your alcohol tolerance change much post surgery?

1 minute ago, cuteliz7447 said:

Thank you! I was just thinking maybe having one drink per day of vodka and lite cranberry hopefully that is not to bad. Did your alcohol tolerance change much post surgery?

You probably won't find lite cranberry at a bar. I know some people have suggested ordering vodka with Water and added their own Mio or Crystal Light drops. I think we are all grown ups and we can make our own decisions :) If you want to drink, just be careful about it, and log it. :)

Directly post op everything changes. I would have never been able to drink fast enough to get drunk. I mean I'm sure you could, but straight hard liquor or shots weren't appealing. Once I was past 6 months I could drink pretty normally. I definitely have less tolerance than before. But I don't think it's a magical sleeve effect. I'm nearly half my body weight, and cannot pad my stomach with food. So it follows that I get drunk on less now days.

You probably won't find lite cranberry at a bar. I know some people have suggested ordering vodka with Water and added their own Mio or Crystal Light drops. I think we are all grown ups and we can make our own decisions [emoji4] If you want to drink, just be careful about it, and log it. [emoji4]
Directly post op everything changes. I would have never been able to drink fast enough to get drunk. I mean I'm sure you could, but straight hard liquor or shots weren't appealing. Once I was past 6 months I could drink pretty normally. I definitely have less tolerance than before. But I don't think it's a magical sleeve effect. I'm nearly half my body weight, and cannot pad my stomach with food. So it follows that I get drunk on less now days.
Thank you [emoji4]

I had surgery in March last year and went to Vegas that August. Eating was according to plan, I mostly shared with my wife, went to a buffet (it was $5) and had egg whites and a little ham. I only went to that one as it was cheap, otherwise I would not have done the buffet because of the waste of money. Alcohol I hadn't tried yet as i waited for 6 months before having a sip. 👍

I had surgery in March last year and went to Vegas that August. Eating was according to plan, I mostly shared with my wife, went to a buffet (it was $5) and had egg whites and a little ham. I only went to that one as it was cheap, otherwise I would not have done the buffet because of the waste of money. Alcohol I hadn't tried yet as i waited for 6 months before having a sip. [emoji106]
Thank you. Yeah i probably wont be doing much of buffets. Sharing with my husband is what I'm planning to do.

I took a two-week cruise two months post-op sleeve and it was easy to watch what I ate by focusing on staying hydrated and making good choices of Protein before anything else. I don't drink, so alcohol wasn't an issue for me. I think you can do this!

I took a two-week cruise two months post-op sleeve and it was easy to watch what I ate by focusing on staying hydrated and making good choices of Protein before anything else. I don't drink, so alcohol wasn't an issue for me. I think you can do this!
Thank you... I will focus on Protein mainly and Water. [emoji6]

This was me last year....exactly....well.....I was only 9 weeks post when I went....but I was told.... straight no mixers or champagne....slow to make sure it didn't sneak up on me....I found out in Vegas that if I drink....any kind and of sugar literally puts me to sleep....lol....but enjoy and have fun....almonds...and cheese....

Edited by TxAlpha06

And I'll be there at the end of July this year as well....