Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pain after advancing to soft food stage VSG

I did fantastic on full liquids, had sleeve May 1st. Advanced to soft foods last Friday, measured 1/2 c food. Developed severe pain center several inches above belly button and under right rib. Tender to the touch, very painful to move. No pain while eating or drinking. Went to dr Tuesday he thought it was muscular. Yesterday only drank fair life or cab master milk- only minor pain all day (still had some pain with movement). Today ate 1/4 cup low fat cottage cheese (took lactaid with it because I think I may be developing lactose intolerance). Ate slow, no pain while eating but when I stood up I had that severe sharp pain again in same place and it was super painful to touch. Pain didn’t last as long but maybe because I ate 1/2 as much as before? I put a note into the dr but thought I would ask you guys too. Absolutely no pain without movement other than being sometimes still sore to touch but only after food. No nausea, vomiting, fever and labs are normal. He did say if it continues he will check gallbladder even though it doesn’t sound like gallbladder. Anyone else experience this?

Only after food? I would have said it was the incision site in the muscle if you hadn't mentioned it happens when you eat.

I thought incision site too but it’s screaming in pain by the end of the night (after eating all day) and was definitely worse right after eating today. The pain after eating and standing up was instantaneous

7 minutes ago, mrblond said:

Time to give your surgeon a call I think

I saw him Tuesday and sent a message today. Sometimes it’s good to here from people who have BTDT

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches