Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No worries, I am still waiting approval, yes. My Surgeon informed me d/t all the scar tissue from the lapband, he does the removal and sleeve is not an option we go straight to the bypass 3mths after the removal to allow healing. Just not happy about going under twice but I want to do what's safe and I trust my doctor to know what's best for me!

21 minutes ago, jadeesmjk said:

Oops! I just realized that you are waiting for approval, I'll be sending prayers your way too! Hope you hear soon!

Sent from my XT1565 using BariatricPal mobile app

4 hours ago, catwoman7 said:

as far as nutritional deficiencies, they're usually not a problem as long as you keep on top of your Vitamins. There are some people who don't absorb oral Iron well and have to go in for occasional infusions, but that's not all that common. Most of us do fine on oral Iron supplements. As for the other Vitamins, again, deficiencies are really rare as long as you take your vitamins.

Hair loss - I didn't have any. That can be an issue with any surgery, from what I understand - not just RNY and not just weight loss surgery in general. It's due to the anesthesia, supposedly. I'm guessing you see it more in weight loss surgeries than other types of surgeries because we're taking in so few calories those first few weeks and months, but I've heard of people losing hair from other surgeries - or from giving birth, too. Whatever, not everyone loses their hair, and for the majority who do, you're really the only one who notices it. It's kind of rare for it to come out in huge, noticeable clumps. If you didn't lose hair with your lapband surgery, maybe you'll be OK.

Loose skin - again, you're likely the only one who'll notice. I had mine removed three years after surgery because I didn't like looking at it anymore, but it was easy enough to hide from the world. I had most of it on my abdomen (I was, and still am, apple-shaped). I'd just tuck it in my jeans or "tummy-control" leggings and wore slightly-oversized, long-ish tops to cover any lumps. Here's a picture of me before plastic surgery. I had *a lot* of loose skin on my abdomen. It's not even noticeable in these clothes:

zjune2017.JPG

You look amazing!

I am praying that I can get the band removed and the bypass done in the same surgery......I don't want to go under twice.....

15 hours ago, jadeesmjk said:

I do and it is terrible......would love to sleep laying down again! I am concerned about really loose skin and nutritional deficiencies, and hair loss.....ugh. How has it been for you?

hi there is a post on here labeled HELP read it! weve been talking about revision to rny. but i had the band my surgeon said there shouldnt be another option than rny because of scar tissue. i LOVE my rny 8.5 weeks out best thing ever. labs look great and lost 49pounds since surgery already

Mint2BSkinny, you are rocking it!

Thank you! I will read it. I'm happy that you are doing well.

I'm having trouble finding that post.....can you give me a little more direction to find it? Thanks!

18 minutes ago, jadeesmjk said:

I'm having trouble finding that post.....can you give me a little more direction to find it? Thanks!

i dont know if you can search on here but i took a screen shot it was on wednesday around 8pm and here is the info if not find it maybe you can look up her as in laura071693 and click on her postings

Screenshot_20190608-150709_Chrome.jpg

Thanks!

On 6/9/2019 at 5:11 AM, Mint2bskinny said:

hi there is a post on here labeled HELP read it! weve been talking about revision to rny. but i had the band my surgeon said there shouldnt be another option than rny because of scar tissue. i LOVE my rny 8.5 weeks out best thing ever. labs look great and lost 49pounds since surgery already

50 lbs in 8 weeks.. Wow!! How'd you do it

I'm officially at 60 pounds since surgery. I have stalls but always stick with it. I eat a fair share of all carbs. I walk 1 mile atleast 3 days a week I dont over exercise and surely cant over eat. Low carb is not for me so I do low fat and still enjoy some carbs! I find that if I miss vitamen my weightloss slows down. Also if I eat less than 300 calories a day is when I start to stall. I always drink 108-112oz of Water a day!

4 hours ago, Mikeyy said:

50 lbs in 8 weeks.. Wow!! How'd you do it

20190624_133915.jpg

Beautiful progress! WooHoooo, Your picture make me think of all of the ones I have taken I am not smiling