Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Time to make an update on here. I’m out of the hospital and recovering at home now. I feel like I could write a novel on the past few days but to make it as short as possible:

While waiting to be taken to the operating room on Monday I was told they couldn’t preform the surgery due to other more urgent patients. So I slept at a hotel and came back the next morning, and after a long wait I finally had surgery in the late afternoon on Tuesday. My hospital experience has not been great unfortunately. The only person who seemed to care was my very kind surgeon, everyone else had an attitude like “you chose this, deal with it”. Didn’t get a lot of painkillers, and I wasn’t allowed to have visitors.

That being said; the pain was temporary and I’m doing well now. I was medically taken care of even though I felt emotionally neglected. I’m so happy this part is over and feel very motivated for the post op process!:) thank you everyone for your kind words and encouragement

Glad to hear you are home and healing. Too bad about the staff at the hospital. If they give a followup call make sure you tell them about your experience and how it made you feel.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I'd be sure to mention it in followup like nenes78 suggests. Hospitals often rely on patient satisfaction surveys and you saying something can make a difference for future WLS patients there.

Not allowed visitors? what the heck? did you get your surgery in China? ok...bad joke. just trying to make you smile. I'm so sorry you had a horrible experience in the hospital. BUT......Congratulations girlfriend! You're now on your way to a healthier you! Walk, but take it slow. Sip your Water! Take your Vitamins. Put your seatbelt on, It's gonna be a crazy ride!

Sorry you didn't get a good personal comforting experience, but I'm glad you're okay. Good luck on your WLS journey and take care.

I am sorry to hear about your experience. I know it may not make difference but the after I left I received an automated call from the hospital to complete a survey about my stay. If you get something like this you can relay all f your positive and negative feedback. You may also want to contact the hospital.

Yeah I just got a survey from Mount Carmel East in Columbus, I had an MRI there on Feburary 5th. Hello? It took you 90 days to decide you needed MY FEEDBACK? Oh what the hey, I'll fill it out, send it back, maybe they were having a lonely day when they reached out!

👈😛👉And LOL