Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No weight loss since surgery!

I am 2 weeks out from bypass surgery, and have only lost 6 lbs. I know my Water intake is not as good as it should be. Doesn’t this sound weird? I see my surgeon at the end of the week, and she said she expects I will have lost 20 lbs. I have lost 20 lbs since my last weigh in at the office.

I gained ten pounds of Water weight in the hospital from the IVs. So it took me quite a while to get back to my surgery weight. Maybe you also gained weight in the hospital. Are you walking daily? Getting your Protein? I'm a slow loser, so I can sympathize with you.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I had a really hard time with Protein. I couldn’t drink the shakes, I threw up. I then switched to LiquaCel. Now I just can’t tolerate it any longer. I am eating soft foods starting today. Any suggestions on how to count grams of protein? What things did you eat during puréed food phase.

There is usually a 3week stall where your body is still healing from major surgery, keep following the plan they gave you and it will kick up very soon. Just stay strong and focus on healing your new amazing tool. Once you are able to really work out again it will start melting off.

I had a really hard time with Protein. I couldn’t drink the shakes, I threw up. I then switched to LiquaCel. Now I just can’t tolerate it any longer. I am eating soft foods starting today. Any suggestions on how to count grams of protein? What things did you eat during puréed food phase.

I did sugar free puddings with Protein Powder mixed in and soups(blended first) it’s a little easier on the tummy and used skim fairlife milk to make them with. That helped a lot for me to get the nutrition in while my tummy was so upset the first few weeks.

Be sure to measure yourself! It took me 8 days post-op to even get back down to surgery-day weight, but I had lost several inches.

The scale isn't always our friend. Are you also tracking your measurements? Please try to get in the required amount of Water everyday because you don't want to get dehydrated. You should know that nearly everyone experiences a stall around Week 3 or 4, so be prepared for that. It's normal.

8 hours ago, Taranurse 1 said:

Omg that sounds great! Did you use a tasteless Protein Powder? Also what flavor pudding did you use? And lastly what kind of Soups did you mix it with?

I use GENEPRO. I purchase it on the bariatricpal website.

Omg that sounds great! Did you use a tasteless Protein powder? Also what flavor pudding did you use? And lastly what kind of Soups did you mix it with?

My favorites are sugar free butterscotch with vanilla protein powder. And chocolate protein powder with chocolate flavored sf pudding. For something different I would put the mix into one of those popsicle makers you can get from Walmart for a treat. Any of the powdered protein works for it, now I get it from the bariatriceating.com website because of their variety but I also really like the pure protein powders from Walmart.

For the Soup I made my own veggie soup with low sodium chicken broth, low sodium red Beans, white meat chicken, carrots, broccoli, onion and Mrs dash original to season. Just blended it before I ate my servings I was very careful to blend I was always nervous solid food would hurt the staple line and blended everything like crazy lol.

Don't feel discouraged I am a slow looser to. I am two weeks out and when I went home from the hospital I was 9lbs more than the day of surgery. Today I am down 11 lbs since surgery, 22 lbs in total when I add the weight I lost during the liver fast and 27lbs since October. I felt discouraged but my co workers are telling me that I am loosing weight although they don't know that I had surgery lol. My cloths are fitting me loose and I had to remove 2 links from my watch.

We will get there.

I am a week out and on the full liquids. I mix Isopure unflavored in everything. I just put it in refried Beans and thinned it with V8...HELLO Taco Tuesday! I’m only eating about 4oz at a time so I only use 1/2 a scoop.
I also am using the Isopure clear drinks. I have to doctor them up a little because I’m not crazy about the taste. But the lemonade flavor mixed with some sugar free lemonade is very doable to sip on all day. If you can get the whole bottle done it’s 20 grams.
I’m saving my Protein Shakes for Snacks. I’m supposed to have 3 per day. So if I drink a whole one divided in to 3 snacks it’s another 30 grams.
Ten pounds this week since surgery. 27 pounds since I started this journey right before Christmas. I expect it’ll be slower. But I’m sticking to the plan and treating my tool like a precious gem!

I cant stand Protein Drinks but ever since I put some drops of banana extract in the vanilla flavor I can drink it no problem.

Sent from my SM-G973W using BariatricPal mobile app