Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Purging my life...

So I'm about to Celebrate my 5 year post VSG anniversary. What a wild ride it has been! Lost about 90 lbs initially, had some serious life issues, regained about 40. Went full 'clean' Keto and lost all my regain. Still have about 25# to go until ultimate goal, then plastics. Part of my journey included getting my master's degree, and now I'm also about to complete post-graduate studies in about 8 weeks. As I have already begun my new job-and hopefully final career path- I've decided to finally PURGE my life.

My house is FULL to the brim. My hubs and I married 19 years and lots of memories. 1 teen and 1 adolescent add to the chaos. I'm ready to Kon-Mari the whole place!!!

Now, the tough question....WHAT do I do with it all? I have stuff that is really good quality, tags still on, etc. I don't want to do a garage/rummage because I seriously just don't have the time. Some will go to the Salvation Army, but I'm trying to find a really GOOD cause to donate the better stuff to, and of course trying to brain storm HOW to sell a lot of antiques and vintage items. I'm still in the last leg of school, work full time and really want to streamline it as much as possible. Any ideas?

If some of your "purge" is clothing, many cities have some sort of workforce development sites. They are often in need of good, work-appropriate clothing for clients that are trying to re-enter the workforce. Plus-size clothing is often in demand and would definitely find a good home. There are also charities that help people re-establish a home after a fire or other disaster (or escaping an abusive relationship.)

As far as antiques and vintage, you're so busy that your best bet is consignment.

Good luck!

I am rapidly running out of clothes that fit, been taking out and switching spring/summer for all those winter things I am so sick of. And nothing from last year now fits, oh yeah I did want to eliminate my fat bulges, guess it's Goodwill time, big items in. and then maybe a few more things bought, but I am not spending 1st run things when I may be "undergrowing" them quickly. Size 18 and Onderland, I am going to be making your acquaintances soon!

I recently used an app called Freecycle. Those in your area that need what you don't want use the app to set up a time to pick up the stuff. Not the perfect solution but helped me reduce a lot of clutter from storage sheds.

I work for our county's domestic violenc programme, and they always need stuff. Please consider donating to your local DV shelter - I lot of these women leave with nothing except what they're wearing.