Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First real stall? Need to talk it through

So I think I'm experiencing my first "real" stall (will 6 months post-op on Wednesday) and I need to talk it out. I've had what I called stalls before, but it was basically that I didn't lose for a few days. This time feels different. I was down to 191.6 (for 5 days), but then suddenly jumped back up to 192.8... and it's sticking. Three days in a row. (Yes, I am a daily weigh-er, it's what works best for me.) I have not changed anything that I do, but I "gained" weight and it's not coming back down. Is this my first real stall? How long can I expect it to last? Should I be riding it out or trying to break it?

As many of you have experienced- I'm terrified that this is the end. That I'm done losing. I still need to lose almost 45 more pounds to be healthy!! I cannot be done yet! I acknowledge that I'm not exercising like I should be, so that needs to change, but otherwise, below is what I do (all based off doc/NUT recommendations). My diet is not perfect, but honestly, it's pretty dang close. I'm really proud of the changes I've made. Stats for the last 6 weeks:

- Average 838 calories per day (I have occasionally eaten around/above 1000 calories, and I occasionally eat around 575 calories. I am supposed to be between 600 and 800 calories per day. In the last 2 weeks I reined it in so that I am not eating above 800 calories, as recommended.)

- Average 77g Protein per day

- Average 63 carbs per day (I have also adjusted this in the last 2 weeks. The average for that period is 53. My personal aim is to be under 50. The NUT refuses to give a carb goal.)

- Water intake of 64 - 80 ounces per day

I'm scared, and I'm looking for advice... and reassurance that this isn't the end of the road. I'm not healthy yet. I can't be done.

https://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/351046-embrace-the-stall/

Sounds like a stall. The link above may help

there were at least three or four times that I thought my body was done losing - but then, my weight loss would start up again. It finally stopped once I was 18 months out. Stick to your plan - your weight loss may very well start up again.

I'm experiencing the same thing now at 4 months post-op sleeve. I gained 2.5 pounds for no real reason. I'm eating the same as you, exercising 4-5 days a week, meeting my Protein goals, and getting my Water in. Finally, finally, after two weeks now it's finally going back down but I feel like I've lost a month in terms of precious losing time. But, I know stalls are a natural thing and my body needs to rest every now and then, but it's hard to come to terms with and I keep trying to blame myself even though I didn't do anything wrong. It's tough.