Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First workout at the gym

Well since my surgery I have been working out walking and walking videos. My surgery was on 3/20. So today I went to the gym to workout and it didn't go well. I tried to do the stationary bike and could only last 15 minutes

That is so ridiculous to me before the surgery I worked up to one and half hours. Just don't know what to do now. Of course I'm going back tomorrow just don't understand why it was so difficult there. Just looking for any suggestions on what to do to make it better.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using BariatricPal mobile app

2 hours ago, othella2 said:

Well since my surgery I have been working out walking and walking videos. My surgery was on 3/20. So today I went to the gym to workout and it didn't go well. I tried to do the stationary bike and could only last 15 minutes

That is so ridiculous to me before the surgery I worked up to one and half hours. Just don't know what to do now. Of course I'm going back tomorrow just don't understand why it was so difficult there. Just looking for any suggestions on what to do to make it better.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using BariatricPal mobile app

It will get better

Sometimes your energy is lower while you heal and adjust to your calorie deficit. Its ok to start out slow and build up. You are going to get stronger as you progress.

Your body is still recovering. Also, You haven't worked out since surgery, go slow & increase as you can. You will get back to where you were and probably even better!

A good time of thumb is to cut your gym routine in half. Half of the duration and half of the intensity. Give yourself time to heal. You were literally just in the hospital for a serious surgery. Slow motion is better than no motion. 😊