Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Frustr 8 I'm doing very well and you thanks for asking I'm very satisfied with my weight loss so far all my old clothes are to big i haven't had this much energy in year's, I'm so happy that i made the decision to have the surgery i feel like a brand new person i was so scared in the beginning but it was well worth it.

Starting W 353

Surgery W 333

Current W 299

Well Well Well, you have broken the 300 lb barrier--that was when I felt this might be doable.
Now I seem to be stuck at 205, wanted Onderland so badly but it's like I see it loaming ahead, I almost have reached it, but now?
Maybe a mini-stall? I am 9 months out, have led a charmed existance, even when I had a PICC l8ne for 3 months and was being fed TPN I still was losing,a few pounds monthly. ALMOST immediately after it was D/C I lost 30 pounds - kathunk. Now I have gotten back my "Honeymoon" wait loss phenomenon, was bouncing along,just ducky. Have made it into size 18s, many people start their WL there, but I was once 365+ pounds, wearing sizes 28 and 30W clothing when I could find it, usually in Mens Sweats for comfort, so you see, 18 is a THRILL for me! And me Oh my, the selection doubled in accessibility at 20, and even more at 18. That's a REAL PEOPLE size, dontcha know!
Still feel my Precios Pouch is not quite right, I was told after my April 12th endoscopy that my opening between my pouch and,he jejunem (second intestinal portion) was " patent". medicalese for "open" so go ahead and advance my diet off of purees, Soups and Protein Shakes. Ha Ha to the INTH Degree- I may have Looked openopen, but the real truth is; my pouch refuses to keep things thicker, even well- chewed down. I have kept up Vitamins and other meds but still having the ulcer and pouch pain, lose things in rapid emesis after chewing,trying to eat more varied things, average 7- 10 emesis sessions weekly, so this Wednesday the 12th of June, another Endoscopy, was adding,up the,other day, it is my 12th or 13th Lifetime, I think I could almost start my own I also now have Bowing of my Vocal Cords, it is (a) A normal result of aging, I am 73 now.(b) pressure from my thyroid,nodules that continue v to grow, albeit slowly. Most doctors , especially my PCP and my ENT don't feel this is the reason (c) Too many endoscopy tubes going in has traumatized them. I either lose my voice or it sounds husky and strained. So I have,been having Speech Therapy, and I think it is working for me, although it never did for former President Bill Clinton.
But I am still hopeful, not giving up now! Called my Bariatric Clinic one day when I had off and off upchucking, nurse who finally spoke to me was nasty, told me I was sick in my mind, I should know there was NOTHING WRONG with me, didn't need to travel to Columbus, I needed rather to call my county's Mental Health people and set up an appointment there. Stopped everything except fluids, did them slowly, 2 oz every 15 minutes, like I did when my pouch was newborn, and finally,kept down popsicles, and then sugarfree pudding before I dropped off to sleep. Saw my PCP in 2 days, said I was Not Going Wacky-woo, thought they were blowing smoke, said perhaps THEY were more the problem than ME. I should have had my quarterly Iron assessment in June, I had an Iron INFUSION in March- well they have not Darkened my Phone Do it since I heard from Thing1 andvThing 2 in Columbus, didn't have another Clinic appointment until August, when I will. be a full11 months out. If they won't do for me, neglect me in this manner, let's see what can be accomplished locally. Plus last week, after an ER visit I was diagnosed with ileitis, inflammation and slight dilatation of the 3rd portion of my small bowel, is it transitory of the beginning of Crohns or IBS? Good thing an endoscopy is already scheduled, so one more thing for my gastroenterologist Dr Upchurch to check out. Until Tuesday evening continue on my Slow but steady liquid/puree diet. Started making my own soups currently have Beef Vegetable and Split Pea on hand, heat,up 1/2 cup and see what I can take in. Last week was cream of Cauliflower, have also made broccoli and,noodle-less chicken multi- veggie. Thought it might be easier, cost-efficent , and this way no preservatives etc like in processed canned soups. Hey it is BORING but it does keep me alive.
And I am 115 pounds lighter than I was at Surgery Time, my inward question is "Am I killing slowly my body for this weight loss? I sure have things crop up when EVERYONE ELSE is dropping BP and Diabetes meds, my pill list stays the same or grows. Yeah we All have our 0wnTrip, but am I on the Last Train to Clarksville and just don't know it?