Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

12 tablets a day h.pylori

So I have h-pylori stomach bacteria was treated seven weeks ago (10 tablets) daily for 10 days. Bacteria didn't go away & now I'm taking 12 tablets daily. I'm super tiered, my eyes looks like I'm on drugs & my body hurts. Every morning I wake up with this bitter metallic taste in my mouth. Hoping this time the bacteria will be gone!!!!

Sent from my SM-G925T using BariatricPal mobile app

Ahh I am so sorry to hear, hang in there. Mine went away after the first treatment.

I remember when I did the treatment a few yrs ago I almost quit because I felt so bad. I was ready to call the office and say "I'm done, I can't finish this" but it was Sunday. I decided if I was still alive on Monday I could probably make it until Wednesday and then I'd be done. It's a tough treatment. Hang in there. Sorry you have to do it again.

I remember when I did the treatment a few yrs ago I almost quit because I felt so bad. I was ready to call the office and say "I'm done, I can't finish this" but it was Sunday. I decided if I was still alive on Monday I could probably make it until Wednesday and then I'd be done. It's a tough treatment. Hang in there. Sorry you have to do it again.
Thank you so much for sharing & thanks 4 the kind words[emoji173][emoji173][emoji173]oh yea a tough treatment indeed.

On 03/26/2019 at 09:34, shanshan said:

So I have h-pylori stomach bacteria was treated seven weeks ago (10 tablets) daily for 10 days. Bacteria didn't go away & now I'm taking 12 tablets daily. I'm super tiered, my eyes looks like I'm on drugs & my body hurts. Every morning I wake up with this bitter metallic taste in my mouth. Hoping this time the bacteria will be gone!!!!

May I ask some questions? How and why did you get this? I was treated for 14 days with CIPRO for SIBO (Small intestine bacteria overgrowth). It’s reared it’s ugly head again and it’s nerve wracking. I feel like I will never get to eat “normally” again and I will live with Constipation, diarrhea and nausea forever, not to mention that forever may not be a long time since these issues can cause life threatening Vitamin and mineral deficiencies. The overwhelming fatigue, depression, hunger, anxiety...it’s been hard. I read in a medical publication that SIBO in roux-en-y GBS patients is a result of the “left over” bypassed intestine becoming a holding area for bacteria since the intestinal walls are not moving anything there anymore. If you’re out of compliance (like me), you eat almost anything without any visible effects, not understanding or needing to be reminded of the fact that sugars, gluten, etc will bind to the intestinal walls and make them weak so that food can’t move and get broken down and absorbed as they should, nor as quickly as they should. It just basically sits in this highway until the “accident” is cleared and traffic can start moving again. Roux-en-y produces a malabsorption digestive system for us so if the calories and nutrients can’t get thru, broken down and absorbed properly then we run into problems with malnutrition, dehydration, and even anorexia. I was not aware that this could be an issue prior to having surgery. Would it have changed my decision to go thru with it? Hell no! I would do it again 10 times over. But it would have made me more cognizant that I have work and diligence to put in for the rest of my life if I want to live to be 100. So please make sure you drink your Water, forget the simple sugars and carbs (sweets, fried foods and Snacks, breads). They are not worth your life. Cook your veggies, fruit in moderation and cut in small pieces (tropical fruit should be a celebratory treat), and gluten free pastas and breads. liquids 20 minutes before or after eating, and chew thoroughly (into a liquid consistency) before swallowing. There are apps, including this one, with reminders of when to eat, how much to eat, recipes made just for us, and even when to start and stop chewing before swallowing. I feel most miserable at this stage after 15 years of feeling great. Any help to come my way or just some support would be so appreciated. I feel a little bit like I’m alone in an adult swimming pool at the deep end with a cramp in both legs while all the kids (newbies) are in the wading pool with their wings on and having a great time (as they should!) ♥️ I mean that as a warm compliment, by the way 🙏🏼

Know a little bit of how you feel, been on the same basic level of diet for 10 months nearly due to strictures, ulcerations, only blessing was I am negative for H Pylori. Ask,my Bariatric Dietician just the other day " Will I ever grow past puree and Mechanical Soft diets?" Roy just laughed, yeah I have a Male Dietician, but he's still believing the day Will come! And he told me to stop centering on what i can't do and be grateful for all the good facets of my post- surgical life. I am thinner, more able to move around, and so I am in a much better place than I was Spring 2018.