Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April surgery date

Hi Tada and everyone, I've been a lurker awhile and I finally joined the forum today because of your question. My operation date is April 1 (two days from now)! Just saying hi to everyone here.

And good luck Monday, update us and let us know how things went!

Hello :) I'm a newbie. Been lurking mostly, but have made a couple of posts.

I am scheduled for RNY on 18th April. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. And I'm hoping that these boards will provide me with the support I am going to need afterward.

Best of luck to all my fellow April people :)

My RNY was April 1. It's a week later and I am almost off my pain meds and well into broths and sips. I've already lost weight (looks about 10 lbs) and my scars have become scabs. The liquid diet is boring and I fantasize about bad foods, but I reminded myself today that the surgery is working: without it, I would have eaten the things I was fantasizing about instead of just thought about them. I'm at more than 14 days now without solid food and it's more of a nuisance than the agony I know darn well it would be without the surgery. Ghrelin is being suppressed. So far, this really does work! Also, SO less pain in my knees and ankles my God... wow... so less...

One extra thing: my panties fit very loosely now... we all know what loose undies mean! This is glorious! 😀

Wow, you already have undies enlargement? After only a week?! I hope you have good elastic! :D Go you. And awesome work reminding yourself that you must not feed the food Troll.

Yeah I was losing a lot fast, but sad to say I have probably messed that up, I was a bad girl today. I cheated, I sneaked some cottage cheese and pate (pureed meat) because I was so weak from low protein: I hate sweet stuff and sugar, so the shakes are like living hell. I think I dumped a little bit. Sweats and nausea for about 30 minutes. I deserved it. I won't do it again and I hope I continue losing pounds... :(

:( Dang food troll. Smack it upside the head! My surgeon said to me at my last appointment with him, "With any luck, you'll be one of those people that gets dumping syndrome, because once you get that, you won't eat that food again." Messing up is okay. You're human, right? Just learn from listening to what your body is telling you :)

I know I am a great one to talk, not having had my surgery yet, but don't beat yourself up too much. You're doing it. One meal doesn't mean you've ruined it :)

2 hours ago, Mearas said:

:( Dang food troll. Smack it upside the head! My surgeon said to me at my last appointment with him, "With any luck, you'll be one of those people that gets dumping syndrome, because once you get that, you won't eat that food again." Messing up is okay. You're human, right? Just learn from listening to what your body is telling you :)

I know I am a great one to talk, not having had my surgery yet, but don't beat yourself up too much. You're doing it. One meal doesn't mean you've ruined it :)

Thanks, Mearas. I feel a little less bad now that you've given me a good talking to. I certainly won't be eating ahead of my soft food schedule again. That sweat and nausea thing taught me a lesson and it was back to strict chicken broth this evening. My tummy is a lot less angry now, haha! When again is your surgery? It cannot be long now... you're going to get through it and love the results. Ask me and the others any questions about the procedure and what to expect the first week. I am now officially one week in, and my friends and fam cannot BELIEVE how much my face shape, arms, feet and legs have changed already. The surgery really is kinda miraculous...

1 hour ago, k2ye0305 said:

April/11 here!!

Congratulations, K2ye! Have you done "the nesting thing" yet (last minute house cleaning, getting 'big clothes' and 'skinny clothes' in order, like a birdy building a nest), lol? I did a few days before my surgery (Apr 1)!

1 hour ago, beautifuldaymonster said:

Thanks, Mearas. I feel a little less bad now that you've given me a good talking to. I certainly won't be eating ahead of my soft food schedule again. That sweat and nausea thing taught me a lesson and it was back to strict chicken broth this evening. My tummy is a lot less angry now, haha! When again is your surgery? It cannot be long now... you're going to get through it and love the results. Ask me and the others any questions about the procedure and what to expect the first week. I am now officially one week in, and my friends and fam cannot BELIEVE how much my face shape, arms, feet and legs have changed already. The surgery really is kinda miraculous...

You know... people keep saying to me (psychologist, nurse, dietician, surgeon, etc) that I am going to lose weight; that the expectation is I will literally halve myself. I just simply *cannot* imagine it. I can't. I dream about it, don't get me wrong, but... at the risk of sounding like a sad sack, nothing I try has ever worked out before, and I am bigger than I have ever been before, so how is this any different? The logical side of my brain knows that it will be different and that - because of what will happen, surgically - I *must* lose weight, but I just... can't imagine it.

My surgery date is the 18th. Because we're 16 or 20 hours ahead of you, my 18th will be your 17th, but I have 9 sleeps to go. Nerves are starting to ramp up, hehe... I guess mostly because I'm worried that I'm going to do do all of this, and still be the female equivalent of the Michelin Man.

Luckily, I quite like chicken broth, lol...