Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I get plenty of Protein Shakes, almonds, Protein Cake Bites, protein chips, and cheese so I don't have to worry too much about meat. Good article, thanks for sharing.

53 minutes ago, KimTriesRNY said:

Are Protein Shakes, Protein Cake Bites, Protein chips etc that are such heavily processed foods healthier than actual meat though? 🤔

Yes i agree commercial versions are convenient but not the best... im a super fan of making better homemade versions.

But i think it becomes an individual question on whether someone would rather eat purer animals vs modified vegetables.

Edited by GreenTealael

47 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Yes i agree commercial versions are convenient but not the best... im a super fan of making better homemade versions.

But i think it becomes an individual question on whether someone would rather eat purer animals vs modified vegetables.

Do you worry about not getting adequate essential amino acids or do you consume eggs and or fish? I'm assuming eating eggs and or fish occasionally is what separates vegans from vegetarians? I'm definitely going to cut the red meat out of my life. I'm just now starting to research different types of foods and I think I'm leaning towards a pescatarian way of eating. I just feel better if I eat that way. Thanks for the link.

Vegetarians that eat dairy and eggs are lacto-ovo vegetarians. Pescatarians eat fish. "Regular" vegetarians eat no animal product. Vegans eat no animal product and refrain from purchasing any clothes, etc, that have animal in them (leather, suede, etc).

I don't eat much meat anymore simply because my tummy doesn't handle it well, and I use soy shakes. I have become an involuntary lacto-ovo vegetarian essentially. haha. But I still get 80g or so of Protein a day.

And it matters not in the grand scheme of things that you have ceased by your body's choice to Become non- carnivorous, you're still my My buddy Mouse Cat, you're feeling better, meeting Protein goals and one very cool lady.vWith all the things Life out on your plate, You are doing well and I'm proud of YOU!