Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Should I or shouldn’t I get Lap-Band

Please don’t get a lap band

Please don’t get lap band! I honestly can’t believe they do them anymore. So many complications and resurgery needed after. I thought they’d be removed from market by now.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Topics

• Most popular:

• Recent Status Updates

• Jobber

Yesterday I "officially" eclipsed the 100 lb mark.  I'm sure if you're in any other country than the US, the 45.3 kg mark doesn't sound as much of a milestone, but it's very cathartic for me to post that I hit it. 
      I recently read back through both my BP status updates and my private journal and hitting this milestone makes all the things I "worried" about seem stupid, but I know they're not stupid because they were very real at the time.  Also, I think if I didn't give these fears my full attention, I may not have been as successful as I have been to date.
      I'm about 50 more pounds off my end goal and I know that will not be the end, I will continue to strive for bettering myself in both physical and emotional ways.  I have to hunker down and get this done. 
      I'm noticing if I don't exercise every day, the weight loss stalls quite a bit.  I'm not really into the 80/20 theory with diet and exercise, I think there's a genetic modifier that needs to be applied and it's different for everyone, just my opinion... don't hold it against me.
      · 2 replies
      1. ms.sss

Yay, @Jobber!

❤️❤️❤️❤️

2. Orchids&Dragons

Yeah! Great milestone! Keep up the good work, wishing you much-continued success!

• allwet

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ms.sss  »  Krestel

RE: the running/training
      Honestly it started with me just doing laps around the kitchen that first post-op week.
      In a week, I graduated to walking up and down my street, then to walking around the block every day.
      The distance increased, then the speed.
      Then I started running little spurts during my walks, then to alternating 1km runs with 1km walks.
      And now I can do a continuous 10k (which I totally did for the first time this morning...so full of myself about it today, it’s disgusting.)
      Just do something everyday and slowly increase speed and duration, next thing you know you’ll be one of those odd “running people” (who I never understood pre-op, but now totally get, lol)
      · 0 replies
    • allwet

· 0 replies
    • allwet

ok, I know it proves me as weird as some of you always thought but this was a fun site to kill time on.
      https://www.omnicalculator.com/
      enjoy 
      · 2 replies
      1. Ava R

Happy Sunday! I like weird people. Normal people are boring! :) I began following you and wanted to know if there are any other members you would recommend? My surgery is 8/29/19 and I want to learn as much as possible. Have a great day and thanks so much for the website.

2. Orchids&Dragons

I love it! Thanks!

• Trending Topics

• Together, we have lost...
      lbs