Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Should I or shouldn’t I get Lap-Band

Please don’t get a lap band

Please don’t get lap band! I honestly can’t believe they do them anymore. So many complications and resurgery needed after. I thought they’d be removed from market by now.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Topics

• Most popular:

• Recent Status Updates

• Vicki Lindsey

Ok I had surgery on Jan 27 2020 so I am 3 weeks out and have lost 32 lbs  I wish I had this done sooner. Now just trying to figure out different things to eat so I am not eating the same thing over and over. I did order some stuff today from the Bariatric Store and that stuff should be here in time for my next phase. I have a goal of 50 lbs by the first of June hope that is attainable. Good luck to every one on this journey 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • GinaFigz

· 0 replies
    • Arabesque

So went to my surgeon today for one month follow-up. Last time I was there he wanted me to put on 4kgs but oops I’ve lost another 2kgs. Told him it was intended, was trying to maintain, upped my food intake, was stable for almost 3 weeks but last weekend broke it.
      Mum turned 80. Drinks at neighbours, a couple of crackers & dip, home late, no dinner. Out all morning, followed by celebratory family lunch, home late, no dinner. Whole dietary routine out the window. Did have a protein bar & tuna frittata muffin in between but didn’t eat much at all those two days.
      What dumbfounded me was he was ok with it. I told him I didn’t want to put on his 4kg because of the weight gain many experience in the 12+months in maintenance. He agreed with me. What the??? Invasion of the body snatchers??? Totally opposite position from last month. 
      He was also ok with my stopping my multivitamins. Agreed with my thinking that is better to feel ok & eat then be nauseated & not eat. He’ll just monitor my bloods to ensure no problems which is what they do anyway.
      Not complaining. 
      · 0 replies
    • 50Startingover

How do you fill out the last profile part, the part that says your weight, height.. etc
      · 3 replies
      1. My1smthop

I'm trying to figure this out as well.

2. Too many dogs

Go to profile look for patient in drop down -

menu

3. Too many dogs

Under patients my surgery is it

• MsMocie

Just came from my GPs office. He would want me upping to 1500kcals a day. Have no idea on how I'm gonna do this - a year ago it would been an issue to come _down_ to 1500 kcals 😂
      · 0 replies
  • Trending Topics

• Together, we have lost...
      lbs