Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

❤MARCH 2019 CHALLENGE❤

Whoops late to the party.

1. Today is 3 months post op and I'm at 245. Goal is to be in the 230s by the end of month.

2. Keep working the program which includes no junk food.

3. Well, I love yoga and went to my first class post surgery on Sunday. It was an introduction to Yin so not a lot of poses but the ones I remember were doing cat and cow, sphinx, child's pose, pigeon/swan, and some others. I'm hoping to start my home practice with videos and make it a habit for my evenings.

4. 3 things about myself - I'm funny, friendly, and I smile a lot; 3 things for an ideal morning - waking up rested, time with my dogs, plenty of time at the gym. Today I'm grateful for sunshine. Happy memory from childhood - climbing trees with my siblings. I have great friends and I feel that they see the real me - one I've known for more than 40 years. I'll have to check in later about what I might've done better today.

I think I'm caught up for now.

I'm late but in---just returned from vacation so need to get back on track. Dropped out of the Feb challenge, there was just too many events to stay honest.

Your goal for this challenge: to lose 8 pounds

beginning weight: I don't know and I don't wanna! :P I had my follow up with my surgeon on February 26 I was 189 lbs. I haven't weighed myself since and I drank about 200,000 calories of boozy drinks on vacay so I am in avoidance mode. Regardless of where I am now, I am counting this as my starting point and saying 181 lbs my goal for March 31st.

status of surgery (pre/post/losing/maintenance): Losing (slowly)

1. Three words to describe myself: poised, empathetic, irreverent

2. Kiddos sleeping until after 8:00 AM, coffee, a clean kitchen (stole that one from ummyasmin but damn if it isn't true)

3. So do I write about today or March 3rd. I will go for March 3rd -- which was that I was able to give my kids a magical day at Disney's Magic Kingdom (complete with dinner at the castle--which the 4 year old slept through). I was exhausted, and not amused, but they loved it and I am glad I was able to give them the experience.

4. One happy memory from my childhood: My mother coming with me on a school trip. She worked all the time and could never chaperone but one day she did take off and came. We went to the south street seaport, which is still one of my favor spots in the city---I wonder if this is why.

5. My husband ---my only true friend.

6. Um, ate better....I am still on vacay mode. Sipping on a sugared coffee and ate a ham, egg, and cheese on a croissant (threw out half the croissant). That is all I've had. Behind on Protein, haven't even had a sip of Water yet. Yikes!

Edited by YeahOkay31

6. So far the I’m pretty happy with today! I exercised almost as soon as my feet hit the floor, cleaned, shopped, planning on a great dinner of salmon and roasted cauliflower. It’s so great to finally have some energy back!!!! Can you tell the sun is shining here today?? What a difference even it is still cold 🥶

March 5 & 6th:

The one person who sees me clearly is ... IDK. I think people see what they want to in me. I need to really think long and hard on this

One thing i could have done better today was planning my time thoroughly so i didn't have to waste some of it waiting for the next event to happen.

#6 - Not sure what I could have done better today... there are still some hours left, so maybe I'll come up with something. So far everything has gone great though. I'm really coming through my depression and starting to feel so much better.

38 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

favorite fruit or vegetable?

I hate choosing favorites 😂😂😂

fruit - any kind of berry! Blueberry, strawberry, raspberry yum yum!!

veggie - top of the list probably broccoli and asparagus. Although probably only the tips from here on out

2 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Edited by DanaC84
Posted twice

I could've focused more on breathing instead of stress/irritations and still need to do yoga.

My favourite food is lemon. I put it on everything.

Wonderful everyone!!!!
Day at the dentist for me so i was unable to really log on.
B-Sides questions: favorite fruit or vegetable?
Hope your toothypegs are OK.

Favorite fruit these days are seedless red grapes. When I lived in far north Queensland it was fresh mango but now that I know what a mango is supposed to taste like, the ones we get in supermarkets are ersatz!

Favourite veggie is eggplant but I cannot have it. First because best way to eat them is fry them and they soak up oil so that is not WLS friendly. Second, I seem to have some fashion of allergy to them. 75% of the time when I eat them I suddenly vomit violently and my face goes all blotchy and dark. The other 25% of the time I'm fine, so who knows?

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

6. What I could have done better today: well, I fasted today and didn't really have my dinner prepped. So, at sunset I was very hungry and I ended up having a Weight Watchers frozen meal which I never really do (alternative was take out and I defo didn't want to do that).
It was pretty tasteless and Protein serving was miserable. So then I ate a bologna in ciabatta which is defo off-plan. I stayed within my calorie goal but I need to be more prepared when I'm fasting.

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

6) I could have drank more Water last night. i woke up today with a tiny headache. I drank a lot during the day but when I get home it seems to fizzle sometimes.

7) umm....this was a tough one...but most days I love my personality. lol

Fave fruit- peaches or watermelon

Fave veggie- Don't have a favorite, but i eat most of them (not right no though)

7) I’m loyal