Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How to break a stall?

if you're sticking to your plan, it'll break on its own. If it goes on & on, it could be your calorie level is too high, and you may need to cut back a little. How long has it been going on? I've had them last 2-3 weeks.

It’s been going on since December. N I’m afraid to decrease the food because I’m already starving on the amount I eat. I’ve cut back on Snacks n nothing. Snacks were yogurt n cheese wrapped in cheese. I even work out 1-3 times a wk. it just frustrating u know. I’ve stalled before at 2 months post op n it didn’t last but a stall 7 months out n lasting for almost 3 months is crazy.

Are you keeping calories under 1000 a day ? Ideally close to 800 a day and under 50g of carbs and low sugar. I’ve found if I drink a big glass of lemon Water at night it breaks a stall as well . I also spin 5x week and get 8-10k steps in and do weight training . The most a stall lasts is a week . U have to spike the activity and confuse the body I think

@ Lolo don’t know. I don’t measure calories just portion size. But someone on YouTube said that cycling helped so I think I may try that along e your Water suggestion before bed. Thks.

Try counting the calories , carbs and sugar . Just so u know

GOTTA count those calories too!

I'm finding that drinking at least 64 oz helps...and more if possible. Or maybe it's coincidence.

No coincidence , drinking Water makes all the difference . Lemon water is a big help as a diuretic.

I went to see another dietician today, the other one wasn’t helpful. This one was so thorough n found that yes my calorie in take was high but she thinks the issue is too much Protein n not enough healthy carbs. She said my metabolism is slowing so I need to decrease protein from 95 to 75 per day. She said that reduction would ultimately lead to reduction in calories. Strangely said my carbs should be no more than 80 but only from fresh fruits n veggies for the whole day. She also said my Water needs to increase from 52oz to way over 64oz per day. She said I need to do some form of exercise daily n recommended doing a short 8 minute video daily just to stay moving n then build from there. She also gave me a link to review a graph of the projected amount to be lost after wls based on my preop weight. It showed that I should lose 100lbs over 12-15 months. I’ve lost 56 since surgery total pre n post loss 71lbs. She said I was doing well despite the scale n my feelings n said w these changes she was confident the scale would start moving again. She has me working on 1 goal this week n that is to increase the fluids n decrease the protein. Then next wk I do 8 minute workouts daily n to continue the 1 day of exercise for 40 minutes I was already doing. She was wonderful. I’m to follow up in a month for a weight check. She said on the high end I can set a goal to lose 8lbs by then. So I’m going to try for it. I’m renewed again.

16 hours ago, T said:

I went to see another dietician today, the other one wasn’t helpful. This one was so thorough n found that yes my calorie in take was high but she thinks the issue is too much Protein n not enough healthy carbs. She said my metabolism is slowing so I need to decrease Protein from 95 to 75 per day. She said that reduction would ultimately lead to reduction in calories. Strangely said my carbs should be no more than 80 but only from fresh fruits n veggies for the whole day. She also said my Water needs to increase from 52oz to way over 64oz per day. She said I need to do some form of exercise daily n recommended doing a short 8 minute video daily just to stay moving n then build from there. She also gave me a link to review a graph of the projected amount to be lost after wls based on my preop weight. It showed that I should lose 100lbs over 12-15 months. I’ve lost 56 since surgery total pre n post loss 71lbs. She said I was doing well despite the scale n my feelings n said w these changes she was confident the scale would start moving again. She has me working on 1 goal this week n that is to increase the fluids n decrease the protein. Then next wk I do 8 minute workouts daily n to continue the 1 day of exercise for 40 minutes I was already doing. She was wonderful. I’m to follow up in a month for a weight check. She said on the high end I can set a goal to lose 8lbs by then. So I’m going to try for it. I’m renewed again.

I am glad you checked in with your doctor! They really are a big help! Sounds like you have a firm plan in place and are headed for great success!

Sounds like you got some good advice. :) I hope kicks starts things for you. While it's true that weight loss happens in the kitchen (not the gym), you need to get exercise everyday if you want to see and feel significant changes in your body composition. Obviously, you don't need to train for a marathon or a beach body competition---but you need to enough to get your heart rate up and work your major muscle groups. If you can do that on your own, great--but a lot of people that go through WLS don't know how to exercise. You never mentioned anything about your specific weight, age etc. but maybe you can ask for a referral to a physical therapist that can help you get into shape safely. Obviously, you can also hire a personal trainer to help get you on the right track. It's not just about eating (or not eating as the case may be), but developing a healthy, sustainable lifestyle.

And just like that.....BAM......I am down 5lbs last week! Getting back on track and giving up my precious Diet Coke did it for me! There is hope people lol

@ Avery’s Mom congrats to u. My STALL BROKE!! I’m so happy!! I’m 231.9 today and had been between 240 n 237 back n forth since December. The plan is working!

My dietician also told me about Blogilates for Pilates exercise. It’s a great free site of YouTube videos by Cassey Ho. The videos r upbeat n the cool thing is u can watch tv while doing them if u use your phone to watch the videos. U can download the free app. Majority videos r free n only last 10 minutes or so. She even has a fitness calendar u can print w designated work out videos per day. So no thought needed. Register w the site so u can get the calendars n then go on your phone and add the videos to your favorites within the Blogilates app. Easy. I can do the videos while I’m watching my favorite tv shows. I just love it. I’m starting the Beginner 28 day calendar today.