Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 27th surgery date

Hey everyone - my stats are similar to a few of you. Starting weight 237, 5’2”, gastric bypass on the 26th.

I’ve been down 19 pounds (yesterday) but I’m back up to 220 (today). No cheating but I’m always hungry - even after the puréed diet began yesterday. Are we supposed to be satisfied having only 3/4c of food a day? Or, not hungry at least? My stomach is grumbling. I sent a message to my dietician about it and I haven’t heard back yet.

2 hours ago, Awesome Dad said:

It’s my first day back to work and my one week post op appointment. 14lbs gone since surgery which is unreal. No more pain meds so I can drive. Thought I’d be more “on” at work but, man o’ man, am I dragging. I’m at an office so no heavy lifting or excessive movement but still just wiped out. Hope everyone else is doing well.

Wow! I am at day 8 and have no energy. I commend you for going back to work but that is way to early. Take it easy. I was blessed be able to take off 6 weeks.

Question???? Is it really a bad idea to have salads after gastric sleeve? Pre surgery you would have to pay me to eat a salad. 10 days post surgery all I can think about is the different types of salads I wish I can eat. My nutritionist said it’s not advised because it lacks needed Protein etc. please let me know your experience with salads post surgery.

I would think it depends on what is in your salad! I'm sure dome ate higher in Protein, and healthy. Im sure the sophomores will weigh in with their advice!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Tereza- the dietitian for my programs says salads are fine after about 3 months post op. Like briswife15 said just make it with high Protein foods.

As for me I’m officially 1 week after surgery and if it was for the achy soreness in my abdomen I wouldn’t even believe I had surgery. I have lost 10 pounds so far!

Thank you briswife and congratulations poppyseed28.

I have lost 13 and I am at day 11. I was healing good but.the last two days or so it hurts when I take a deep breath, yawn etc. as for the salads, I will ask my nutritionist again and pack it with chickens, boiled eggs etc. more Protein. I have to say this forum has helped me a lot. Thank you

Hey, just wanted to let you know the pain when you breathe does go away with time. I was really upset that I had such horrible pain when I took a deep breath, but it finally went away.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

It hurt me to take a deep breath for a few days after surgery as well. It did go away after a while though

On purees now myself. Found a few recipes that really work for me. I've found flavored water goes down easier than plain Water too.

I'm also down 21.8 lbs since surgery day.

The pain with breathing did get worse and I ended up in the ER then admitted. They said I had an infection in my stomach and gave me antibiotics. I have to take three pills FOUR times a day 🤦🏽‍♀️. But I am glad I didn’t ignore it and I am already feel better after two days on the medication.

2 hours ago, Tereza said:

The pain with breathing did get worse and I ended up in the ER then admitted. They said I had an infection in my stomach and gave me antibiotics. I have to take three pills FOUR times a day 🤦🏽‍♀️. But I am glad I didn’t ignore it and I am already feel better after two days on the medication.

I’m so sorry! That’s awful! Please keep us updated

Ended up back in the hospital yesterday. I bent down to pick up my shoes and something happened to my stomach. I still have no earthly idea what it was. But I was in excruciating pain and couldn’t hardly breathe. My sister called an ambulance and they took me in. My blood pressure was low and my heart rate was high. Even my sugar was high and it never is. They said I was diaphoretic. They ran all kinds of tests on me and everything came back normal, of course, and they think it was just really bad gas pains. I thought one of my organs was trying to climb out of my body. I’m home now and doing better but I’m definitely super sore from my muscles being super tight and spasming all day. I could use some prayers! I kinda feel like I’m back to day 2 or 3 after surgery, ugh...