Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yeast Infection Help!

Hi Ladies! I'm 2 months post op and have the yeast infection from hell. I went to a Little Clinic close to me (not my PCP or surgeon) and they gave me 2 doses of prescription Fluconazole PLUS I did a round of Monistat ... Almost a week later and it's still here! I'll call my PCP tomorrow but I thought I'd check here to see if this has happened to anyone else? I thought maybe my body wasn't absorbing the medication like it normally would?

Bumping for you, hopefully someone may be able to assist,

Bumping for you, hopefully someone may be able to assist,
Thank you! I do have an appointment with my PCP this afternoon so if I get any info I will update for anyone else who can use it!

Following this as I’ve been struggling with this issue as well. Was sleeved 2/6, and had a horrible thrush infection 3 days post-op that we’ve used oral lozenges and diflucan for and it’s come back twice..... second time it came back down below also so I’m taking a couple more diflucan AND using monistat.
The worst part is I eat some kind of yogurt almost every day

Sounds as though you are doing all the right steps, maybe you finally will have all the steps converge to. the right effect.

Hi there! I had my surgery a few years ago, and I've noticed when I over indulge in sugars and carbs - I get yeast infections. It has a lot to do with the way your body processes blood sugars now. Make sure that if this is what's maybe happening you just follow up your bad choices with a lot of Water to get it flushed from your body asap!

@sheribear68 I think your case is just a weakened immune system so soon after surgery. You will be healthier the faster you recover. Hang in there!!

Lol, the yeast infection hit 3 days after surgery when I had yet to eat anything so I’m thinking it’s not sugar. 😂😂😂

Are you positive it's a yeast infection and not BV, Bacterial Vaginosis?

I would think you're correct Silly Kitty, fits the scenario better!

Highly encourage to stop washing your vagina with soap, just plain Water. Drink tons of water and cut out all products with yeast. I had a horrible yeast infection last summer and making these changes haven't had one. I just had the surgery a few days ago and I noticed a change in my discharge. Will change my underwear a few times during the day, wash with Apple cider vinegar once or twice a week, the rest with plain warm water. And TMI when I poop I wash just my butt with soap and my vagina with water if that makes sense. Just be gentle with your vagina, she can heal.

One of my diabetes meds has the side effect of causing vaginal yeast infections... yippee! My doc put me on a once-a-month med to prevent the infections (can't recall the name just now). Haven't had to deal with the yeast beast in over a year, thankfully.