Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else obsessed with My 600 lb Life?



Recommended Posts

Ever since I got my surgery date (March 27th) I am obsessed with watching my 600 lb life. I have watched it off/on over the years but now I just can’t stop watching it. I’m not sure why. Wondering if it’s just me?
I am doing the same thing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you see Sean died a day or so ago at 29? He had predicted he would never make it to 30.,obviously his ❤ simply said " No Mas!" and that was it.,4th death in less than a year, only,one of them suicide. R, I.P. Sean, may God grant,you the,peace you did not have on earth.🙏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did see that. I had watched the Where are they now episode with him online right after his mom died. So sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yeah. I'm obsessed! I'm pretty sure I've watched every episode, and I watch the new episodes every week. I find it fascinating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched last night and was so frustrated with the patient. Nothing was her fault. I understand support is important, but ultimately you are responsible for what you shovel in your mouth. And she was abusive, can’t believe he stayed with her as long as he did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watch The Biggest Ward on Netflix, if you like my 600 pound life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find myself attracted to and disgusted by the show.
For the most part, I get so frustrated with these guys because it seems like they have every excuse on the planet yet don’t want to work with anyone to try to help themselves
I mean at 260 pounds I had to go through 2 formal psychiatric counseling session, plus my insurance set me up for 12 weeks with a therapist via phone call
I KNOW these people get psych evals before surgery so either they are the best liars ever, or they’re getting “pushed through”.
There was one episode with a guy who ordered like 5-6 pizzas delivered after his surgery and I wanted to reach through the tv and slap him silly.
Sorry, but every single person on this planet has some kind of baggage. Yes, I acknowledge that many people have it worse than others, but we still jail people who commit crimes and who had a bad childhood.
This show sometimes feels like it’s giving all of these guys a pass to act like complete a-holes to everyone around them and not be accountable for their actions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am super obsessed. Love it, have seen every episode and every "where are they now" episode. I have a Dr. Now magnet on my fridge that reads "why you eat so much?"

I know its exploitative and trash but everyone has their guilty indulgence, this is mine. However, it always makes me hungry when I watch it. :P

Also, family by the ton--the King family. that was entertaining.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ldawn said:

I watched last night and was so frustrated with the patient. Nothing was her fault. I understand support is important, but ultimately you are responsible for what you shovel in your mouth. And she was abusive, can’t believe he stayed with her as long as he did.

I so agree with you. She was so manipulative. I bet she has a personality disorder. That show and the one with 2 brothers and one was pain pill seeking were the two I just did not like and I couldn’t finish the Where Are They Now episode with the brother

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, YeahOkay31 said:

I am super obsessed. Love it, have seen every episode and every "where are they now" episode. I have a Dr. Now magnet on my fridge that reads "why you eat so much?"

I know its exploitative and trash but everyone has their guilty indulgence, this is mine. However, it always makes me hungry when I watch it. :P

Also, family by the ton--the King family. that was entertaining.

I have lots of guilty pleasure trash tv shows, this just one of them. Too funny it makes you hungry! Doesn’t do that to me but I can’t watch The Great British Baking Show anymore because it triggers strong sugar cravings in me. I love that show too😢

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Sheribear68 said:

I find myself attracted to and disgusted by the show.
For the most part, I get so frustrated with these guys because it seems like they have every excuse on the planet yet don’t want to work with anyone to try to help themselves
I mean at 260 pounds I had to go through 2 formal psychiatric counseling session, plus my insurance set me up for 12 weeks with a therapist via phone call
I KNOW these people get psych evals before surgery so either they are the best liars ever, or they’re getting “pushed through”.
There was one episode with a guy who ordered like 5-6 pizzas delivered after his surgery and I wanted to reach through the tv and slap him silly.
Sorry, but every single person on this planet has some kind of baggage. Yes, I acknowledge that many people have it worse than others, but we still jail people who commit crimes and who had a bad childhood.
This show sometimes feels like it’s giving all of these guys a pass to act like complete a-holes to everyone around them and not be accountable for their actions

I have wondered about how fast they get approved also but I wonder if it’s because Dr Now is honestly trying to save their lives and at 700 lbs he doesn’t think they will last long enough to go through a long approval process. But they almost all seem to really struggle after but I’m sure no matter what they would since there has to be so much going on to get to 800 lbs. I don’t eat anything like them but I eat poor enough to need this surgery and I wonder what I will be like after surgery. So I don’t want to cast too many stones in case I am living in my own glass house🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been watching religiously since the first episode. I identify with some of them even though I’m not nearly their size. I always root for them to do well and make progress physically and mentally. I don’t really like the “train wreck” episodes. It’s hard to watch people struggle or act like jerks to each other or poor Dr. Nowzaradan.

I did change my Fitbit background to a pic of Dr Now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me too!! I’m a little embarrassed to say that it kept me in line and motivated me to stay on track for my liquid diet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've watched quite a few episodes myself. I find it fascinating how different we all are, where we store our fat and the shapes our bodies can take. It is motivational that a lot of the people on the show do so well, and it's educational to see just how much of a tool WLS is. If you don't put in the work, surgery or not, you're not going to succeed. I, like others above do not like episodes where they have real bad attitudes or they don't want to do the work, but I do understand it's an addiction. I like to see the happy endings, but the sad ones deliver a powerful message as well.

I am just grateful that I have never went to bed thinking about Breakfast, ate breakfast thinking about my next snack, ate a snack thinking about the next meal, etc. If I did I think I may have ended up a lot heavier then my heaviest weight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t watch it. I think it’s exploitive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×