Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

DS V RNY HELLLLPPPP

16 minutes ago, Postop said:

@MikeyyI know it can be confusing. You don't want the BPD alone. Bad side effects. You want the BPD/DS if you want the traditional DS (with 2 anastomoses). Or you can talk to your doctor about the SIPS/SADI/Single anastomosis procedure. It's a less radical type of DS.

Have you spoken to Prof. Nottle in Melbourne? I know he does the traditional DS.

And definitely go to dsfacts.com. It'll answer some of your questions, I think

Also, if you ever wanted to have it done in California, 2 of the best DS surgeons are there..

Spoken to multiple doctors in Adelaide none of them offer traditional DS! I DON'T KNOW if I can afford to go interstate. Planes and hotels etc surely RNY BYPASS is still good enough?

8 minutes ago, Mikeyy said:

Spoken to multiple doctors in Adelaide none of them offer traditional DS! I DON'T KNOW if I can afford to go interstate. Planes and hotels etc surely RNY BYPASS is still good enough?

any of the surgeries will work just fine as long as you follow the rules. DS is more forgiving due to all the malabsorption so it makes it a little easier to lose and maintain weight, but any of them will work as long as you're committed.

@MikeyyYes. You can go with the RNY Bypass. 🙂

2 hours ago, Postop said:

@MikeyyYes. You can go with the RNY Bypass. 🙂

I think that's the safest option and will give me the malabsorption to help I'd much rather go with an operation that is more common in Australia :) less complications etc

@Mikeyy Sounds like a good plan.

The reason you are confused is because you haven't been to see a surgeon yet. Once you have done that things will become a lot clearer.

DS is done in Aus but not that commonly because it used to be a 2 step procedure. Sleeve first then DS a while later. They discovered that a lot of people that had the sleeve were so successful they didn't need to go to step2. There are still some people however that need that second step.

That's fine just doing as much research as I can until I get close enough to see the surgeons here I've got two choices here and I will go speak with them both when I get closer to my cut off date and see what they offer, what their process is, but I've spoke to a few locals and they say all I would need is 2-3 meetings with surgeon and maybe a dietitian that's it then a 2-3 week Optifast diet for the surgery! Can't wait just takes time!

One girl in particular the whole process only took 2 months from initial appointment to surgery so that's pretty good