Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long did you wait before plastics?

My insurance requires 18 months before they pay for a Tummy Tuck (which I don't even think I'll need). The only thing I desperately want is an arm lift. I was thinking at 12 months? My surgeon said the weight loss will pretty much cease at 12 months (unless I do more via personal training, etc). How long did you wait before having self-pay cosmetics? How long of a "stable weight period" did you give yourself?

I just saw my PS and he won't do anything until:

1. I've lost ALL my weight.

2. Have been at my final goal weight for 3 months without changes.

*and he's being kind about the 3 months, cuz he usually requires 6 months without changes.

For me it will be 10-11 months (breast/arm lift). None of the surgeons I saw (which was 5 in person or two medical tourism) had any issue with me not waiting until I was at goal--said I was close enough (20 pounds). They want that green. $$$$ 😆

I have to wait for my weight to be stable for 6 months for my insurance to cover the panni. Oh well.

It is best to wait to have plastic surgery until you’ve maintained a BMI less than 28 for at least 3-6 months. If you have surgery when you haven’t lost enough weight, you may require additional surgery when you lose more weight. It is also important to not gain weight after PS as it will negatively impact your body shape results.

I had round 1 of PS 21 months after sleeve.

I will have my surgery 2/6 but I am so lucky that my breast lift is already approved by my insurance all I have to wait is to meet my weight goal

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Congrats...i didnt know that insurance pays for breast n tummy after sleeve. What insurance do you have...probably its diff. Rules n diff states.

Sent from my LGMS210 using BariatricPal mobile app

I will be 15 months post-op, and by the time I have surgery will have been in maintenance range for 4 months.