Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey there getting closer everyday to my surgery I've still got months but I feel better that is happening this year I just have more questions..

Okay first of all for ppl who have had the full rueny bypass how long did it take before you could have solids without discomfort.

After a few months did your appetite come back or did you have to live eating small portions for the long term just curious I'm hoping the portions stay small to help me long term.

Anyone from Adelaide got any experiences dealing with Dr DONOFRIO???

In regards to Vitamins are you just taking a general Multivitamin or are other vitamins required???

Is it possible to live off Protein Shakes long term???

An I right that bypassing all those intestines removes the hormone that makes you hungry or is that another surgery?

Did anyone in Australia get any money off Medicare after surgery or is it all out of pocket with PHI of course.

I understand the surgery is only a tool and we still have to change our eating and exercise but that the bypass helps to lose weight quicker and that you don't absorb much calories due to bypass is that right I want to make sure I've got the right information but also hoping to hear from people first hand experience.

I'm in Adelaide South Australia and will be having operation this year but still months off just want as much information as possible as this is a huge decision.

I'm lucky I've got no issues with hospitals or surgery had my appendix out and my tonsils when I was younger...

Thanks for all your help

Mike

If you want to be surgery buddies and you are going to have the bypass this year feel free to msg me.

Hi Mike,

I had a full bypass on the 21/11/17, I was on purred food at two weeks and on Christmas day I was on mashed food, I never had any discomfort as such only when I ate to fast or to much. It took me about seven months before I didn't have to remind myself to eat food and even today there are days when I have to remember.

The portions differ for everyone I only eat three meals a day because if I have Snacks I tend not to eat meals because I am not hungry,

The Vitamins I take are Nutrichew chewable Multi-Vitamin, Calcium & Vitamin D3 twice daily And B12 chewable once a day.

I lost 73 kgs in one year almost to the day. I have had no problems with the bypass and wondered if the surgeon had even done the operation because I didn't feel any different except I wasn't hungry or interested in food. I didn't have any pain from the operation,

I had my operation in Christchurch, New Zealand.

7 hours ago, ajallen said:

Hi Mike,

I had a full bypass on the 21/11/17, I was on purred food at two weeks and on Christmas day I was on mashed food, I never had any discomfort as such only when I ate to fast or to much. It took me about seven months before I didn't have to remind myself to eat food and even today there are days when I have to remember.

The portions differ for everyone I only eat three meals a day because if I have Snacks I tend not to eat meals because I am not hungry,

The Vitamins I take are Nutrichew chewable Multi-Vitamin, Calcium & Vitamin D3 twice daily And B12 chewable once a day.

I lost 73 kgs in one year almost to the day. I have had no problems with the bypass and wondered if the surgeon had even done the operation because I didn't feel any different except I wasn't hungry or interested in food. I didn't have any pain from the operation,

I had my operation in Christchurch, New Zealand.

That all sounds pleasant.

I hope my hunger will decrease that's my main issue never get full.

Not only will I save tons of money on food bill but I'll definitely lose weight better but the fact we have to take Vitamins because of the malabsorption means we absorb less calories and nutrients that's my main reason for the RYGB over the sleeve..

73kgs in 12 months is a great number that's about 6kg a month on average... But obviously each month would be varied..

It will be so amazing to be able to eat so small portions and that way can afford better quality foods!

I've heard some ppl living off Protein Shakes for 2 out of 3 meals so they consume less calories but better nutrition..

I can't wait but I've got months to go to save and find the right doctor.

I'll be 35 this year so it's like my birthday present to myself to get the bypass. It's long overdue I wish I knew about it 10 years ago!!

You might have to watch the shakes I couldn't stand them afterwards they made me feel sick, your tastes change I used to love chicken before the operation and couldn't eat it afterwards, i am just starting to be able to eat it now,

I went I to dinner the other night before a show, had half a burger and was full got asked if I would like to have my stomach back to be able to finish it I said no to that, I wish I had done it years ago and have never regretted it, even when you can't eat as much of the foods you love.