Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'll be two years out in March and am not considered type 2 any longer. It is still odd to me that it resolved itself within days of having surgery. I continue to stay away from sugar and avoid bread, Pasta and rice. In addition I exercise regularly.

It is my opinion that even if you resolve the issue, if you aren't careful you can tip the scale back to the other side. Insulin resistance is a tricky thing! But chances are your numbers will be greatly improved after surgery.

I agree totally with @FLHappyGirl I'M 4.5 moths post op and I was told by my endocrinologist not take any meds after surgery and I too stay away from sugar and most carbs, if I have a little it's whole grain. I never really had a sweet tooth so that makes it easier. I do check my blood sugar several times a week at different times of the day to monitor.

I wish you the best 😉

I’m 2.5 weeks out and haven’t taken any of my meds in over a week! My numbers have been between 70 -130 for the past week. I’m ECSTATIC! I had no idea it would resolve this quickly. I continue to monitor my sugar several times a day but so far so good! Hope you have the same outcome!

Reversing my T2 symptoms was the primary reason I decided to have VSG. I'm 2 months out, and I have been off my meds since the day of surgery. My sugars are running normal now, though I do watch my carb intake and workout 5 times a week.

The statistic I got is that your diabetes has a 90% chance of going into remission if you have the surgery less than 5 years after getting diabetes. My surgery was about 4 years from my type II diagnosis (I have no idea how long I’d had it, it was the first physical I’d had in a decade) and mine has been in remission since 2 or 3 months after surgery.

I had an A1C of 8.4 before my surgery and now it"s around 5.0. I am 15 months out now with a 110 lb weight loss and holding. Reducing my A1C was one of the big reasons i had the surgery and I am happy with the results

Barrett is nothing to mess around with. Let me tell you a story, I had a cousin named June-Ellen, a few years younger but we were friends also. June told me she was having such indigestion, it went on and on, finally her children told her Mama you better get it checked out, our local hospital told her change your diet and gave her some antiacids, she next went to one of the Columbus hospitals, our nearest big city, 50 miles away, they were pretty inconclusive so the kids took her to the Cleveland Clinic, world class hospital, my June Bug, my pet name for her, did not have simple reflux or indigestion, she had esophageal cancer, they attempted to go in to repair it, she arrested on the table, and they were not able to bring her back, she was only 68, had a life still ahead and I will always miss her in my life. A first cousin, when my gastroenterologist discovered the beginings of Barretts, I knew RnY would stop it in its tracks, that's why I never even considered a VSG, my cousins death was a wake-up call, this way her death would not have been in vain. And she knew how hard I struggled with weight, for most of her life she did also until her kidneys failed and she needed a transplant from her daughter. She lost weight with that, but now she had seemed to be doing well, looking forward to a future she will never have. But Junie would be very proud of me, lost 60+ pounds since my surgery,last September, it's like I still can feel her hugging me and saying "You did it kiddo , you did it!" but alas never on this earth.
again.😪and I do cry for what was lost.

I have been insulin resistant for years (in combination with PCOS) and it finally got bad enough to be considered full blown diabetes last year. I was formally diagnosed last January. I was lucky that they caught it early since they run my A1C every year due to my medical conditions.

I have been taking metformin for years and my doctor added trulicity after my diagnosis. My surgery was Thursday 1/17 and I haven't had any diabetes meds since the Monday night before that (had EGD Wed and surgery Thurs, basically back to back) and my sugars went from somewhat elevated to perfectly normal almost immediately after surgery.

I'm not tossing any of them yet though lol. I'm still on liquids and I'll be monitoring everything closely when my diet advances. When I'm back to eating mostly normal food and my sugar are still normal, that's when I'll Celebrate lol. Of course my new normal will be much lower carb than before, so I expect them stay normal.

One thing that freaked me out was watching them go haywire when I started my pre-op diet. I was looking at my monitor thinking "oh my poor pancreas, it just has no idea what to do with all this nonsense."

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

That's so good to hear thank you all , how about gerd acid worried about Barrett's is it common do u suffer since sleeves ?
I have GERD as well, but the EGD didn't reveal any issues to prevent having the sleeve. I was given a thirty day prescription for protonix after surgery and I take at night before bed. As long as I don't drink anything really salty too soon before bed I'm fine. I've been taking prilosec for years anyway and it controlled my GERD as long as I didn't have a full stomach right before bed.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

But,i pray you will grow better and better daily, I will Celebrate when you can say" Bye Bye Felicia" and be free forever and ever and pack,away all the diabetes paraphernalia. Gonna happen, I do believe and you should too!