Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seems I always push the envelope, but......

I am 6 weeks out. I am gonna peel a cucumber and de-seed it, peel a Tomato and an avocado, cut them up and put a little vinaigrette over it and eat it.

WILL I DIE??????????????????

I don’t think you will DIE - but I could not have eaten that at 6 weeks. I’m 3 1/2 months out and I still wouldn’t eat that because I can barely get all my Protein in!

I always get all my Protein, and I would only eat this delicacy if that were the case! I've already hit 60 for the day and will have 75 at day's end! I need a yummy vegetable/fruit delight!

Only testing will know. :)

I was fine...just sayin.

Same here, I was fine too and was eating solid food by week 6 but that was ok'd by my team. (No beef or pork though and still none at 4.5 months out) They move their patients along quickly if you can tolerate it.

By 6 weeks, I was cleared for everything. But was told to add it one thing at a time.

The main thing my doc warned of was the concrete that could result from mixing bread and Protein at the same time, or eating a bunch of cheese. This included Pork rinds and cheese. :)

And I was eating solid food (pulled cut-up pork, well chewed fish) before I left hospital!

So no, you won’t die and these are really healthy choices, great things to be craving!

Just talked to nutritionist. She agrees I will not die! But she hemmed and hawed and made sure to remind me to always eat Protein first. I will, I promise. But just a few yummy bites!!!

10 minutes ago, Myhorseisfattoo said:

Just talked to nutritionist. She agrees I will not die! But she hemmed and hawed and made sure to remind me to always eat Protein first. I will, I promise. But just a few yummy bites!!!

My RD had a diff strategy.

She said in the first few months, that it was fine to have 1 Protein Drink and get in 25-30g of Protein, cuz it would free you up to have a couple of Snacks that were nothing but veg. Or to have mixed meals of 2oz protein + 1-2oz of veg. :) No guilt involved girl!! The important thing is to satisfy your protein needs without over eating. Veggies are a good thing!

32 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

By 6 weeks, I was cleared for everything. But was told to add it one thing at a time.

Like FluffxChix, at 6 weeks, I was cleared to start trying everything. But my doc said to try no more than one new food a day. that way, if something did upset my pouch, I'd know what it was.

I'm about 2.5 months out, and there are still things I can't quite eat, even though I'm cleared for anything.

I didn't die, and was having small salads, including Tomato and avo (don't get along with the cukes, though!) after about the first month. Yes, Protein is priority but once you are reliably getting that in, it's great to widen the variety into other nutritious foods. My doc was putting me onto veg after 10 days as my protein intake was already more than adequate. YMMV.

Try putting the dressing on the side ... Sometimes, most of the time, dressings have more cals than all of the vegetables combined. And often salads are over dressed.

Enjoy!

Edited by GreenTealael

My favourite lunch is red pepper, cucumber, tomatoes, low fat feta cheese, and 2 oz roast chicken breast with a very small splash of balsamic vinegar. It's tasty, filling and adds some crunch to my day.

Heck no, I'm coming over. Save me some! :D

LOLZ!! So I made it last night, cuz I like the vinegar to marinate in. Had my usual one egg scramble with cheese and about 2 tbsp of the salad, sans avocado because they were all hard as rocks. It was delish! I probably could have had just a smidge less as I am pretty full, but I m happy to have had a treat! I miss veggies!! I have never really liked cooked vegetables other than broccoli or green Beans. So it's 1030 am and I already have 40 plus Protein in. I feel like I'm good to go!