Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone tried recipes form Fresh Start: Bariatric Cookbook by Sarah Kent? Are the recipes good?

I'll be able to say yes to this after this weekend! I just bought both of her sleeve cookbooks and am going to make the broccoli cheese Soup this weekend. @Sophie7713 recommended them to me and she had a lot of good things to say about them!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Featured Surgeons

1. Masoud Rezvani

Woodbridge, Virginia 22191

2. Lisa Medvetz

Downingtown, Pennsylvania 19335
      800-282-0066

• Recent Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• WeGettingThere

I'm trying to give these people all my labs and it's so hard! I had to do number 2 in a bag and send it in for the lab to test it. CHILE! Why did I poop in the container and when I went to drop it off, that part of the hospital was closed?!  Sigh. AWKWARD. I'll drop it off today after work tho. Feeling great!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • NeedsTheBeach

Getting a little nervous about post surgery life adaptation. I really want to succeed, but habits are so hard to break.
      · 0 replies
    • AshMarie794

Think I am hitting a stall-ish period. Weight loss is def slowing and I need a kickstart to get it going again....any suggestions?
      · 0 replies
    • ms.sss

Good news and Meh news...
      Meh: so I think I experienced/am experiencing my first stall-ish since surgery and now I get how frustrating it can be!  So annoying to wake up every morning to watch the scale report a gain or loss of the same 1.5 pounds for over 2 weeks.  *sigh*.  Some say put the scale away, but I log my weight every morning to get a daily moving average of my weight.  So long as this moving average is not heading upwards (which it isn’t and hasn’t since post-op) then I am good with my curent “minimalist” weekly weight loss rate, however small I think it is 🙄.
      However.
      The Good news:
      To allow for some self back patting, and to remind myself of the bigger picture, I set a bunch of interim goals/milestones... a few of which are 10lbs increment weight loss goals:
      So this morning, after hovering within 1.5 pounds of an interim goal for over 2 weeks, I weighed in at 164.8, and officially lost 70 lbs!  In 4 months.  That is 30% of my starting body weight.  Or the equivalent of my 10 year old neice. How crazy is that.
      Next Goal: weigh in at 162lbs to be merely overweight (and not obese!)
      · 0 replies
    • MonnieB

I am in the Pre-Op stage.  I have 4 more nutrition classes to go to.  I've had my endoscopy with favorable results although I was told I had an abnormal z-line.  Everything looks good so far.  Had my team appointment with the psychologist and have my pulmonologist  this week.  I chose the sleeve
      · 0 replies
  • Trending Topics

• Magazine Articles

1. Carbs After Bariatric Surgery?

Posted in: Food & Nutrition
      Lisa Kaouk, RD & Monica Bashaw, RD
    2. New Year’s Resolutions

Posted in: Support
      Alex Brecher
    3. Go With Your Gut!

Posted in: Mental Health