Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

❤Summer Body Routines❤



Recommended Posts

The saying is Summer Bodies are made in the winter...

Let's start a thread for everything needed to transform including workouts routines, DVDs, class, equipment, supplements, timing, sleep patterns, etc. to prep for summer (or the summer of our lives)

❤ VETS PLEASE PARTICIPATE, WE VALUE YOUR KNOWLEDGE ❤

Hopefully this can help people accelerate results and avoid wasting time in confusion.

Also alternatives for individuals with mobility issues would be greatly appreciated if anyone has the knowledge (chair exercises, etc.) Let's try to make this as inclusive and sustainable as possible.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great Idea GreenTea.. I surely want to follow this thread for sure..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far I've been to the gym every day this year in 2019 (all 13 days, haha) but my goal is to work out at least 4 days per week. I do 30 minutes of cardio and 10-15 minutes of strength training each session, but I want to eventually ramp up and work out harder/faster/longer, but I'm only one month post-op so I'm still healing and don't want to push it yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well it is snowy outside in Ohio, not gonna March out and fall on my tookus, bust a bone or two. But Spectrum, the former Time Warner has a low impact senior citizen.exercise program , lasts about 12 minutes. Surely I can start with that, even if I don't make it to swimsuit quality I can enough that I look passable in Bermuda or Jaimaca Shorts. And that's a plus right there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

The saying is Summer Bodies are made in the winter...

Let's start a thread for everything needed to transform including workouts routines, DVDs, class, equipment, supplements, timing, sleep patterns, etc. to prep for summer (or the summer of our lives)

❤ VETS PLEASE PARTICIPATE, WE VALUE YOUR KNOWLEDGE ❤

Hopefully this can help people accelerate results and avoid wasting time in confusion.

Also alternatives for individuals with mobility issues would be greatly appreciated if anyone has the knowledge (chair exercises, etc.) Let's try to make this as inclusive and sustainable as possible.

All you need is consistency to get the results you want. Be consistent with your food plan (Look at food as fuel) Be consistent with the workout plan of your choice.

Google fitness/exercise ideas. the choices are endless. walking, zumba, Water aerobics, HITT, powerlifting, bodybuilding, cycling, running, yoga, playing sports, hiking. Try them out to see what keeps you moving.

Getting started:

https://www.verywellfit.com/best-workouts-if-youre-overweight-3495993

Paula Bee Fit - youtube workout series - She is my fave!

https://www.youtube.com/user/PahlaB1

Weight lifting

https://www.bodybuilding.com/workout-plans/

https://www.bodybuilding.com/category/women

https://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/

running

https://www.runnersworld.com/

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.active.aps.c25k&hl=en_US

Yoga for beginners

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=yoga+for+beginners

Zumba:

Beginner Zumba

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=beginner+zumba+routiens

Advanced zumba

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=advanced+zumba+routiens

I love zumba because I feel like a kid. I have no rhythm..But I can dream.

Edited by Healthy_life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I’m starting Planet Fitness tomorrow. I had my surgery Dec 13, 2018. I’ve healed enough to get started. Good luck on your journey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Healthy_life said:

All you need is consistency to get the results you want. Be consistent with your food plan (Look at food as fuel) Be consistent with the workout plan of your choice.

Google fitness/exercise ideas. the choices are endless. walking, zumba, Water aerobics, HITT, powerlifting, bodybuilding, cycling, running, yoga, playing sports, hiking. Try them out to see what keeps you moving.

Getting started:

https://www.verywellfit.com/best-workouts-if-youre-overweight-3495993

Paula Bee Fit - youtube workout series - She is my fave!

https://www.youtube.com/user/PahlaB1

Weight lifting

https://www.bodybuilding.com/workout-plans/

https://www.bodybuilding.com/category/women

https://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/

running

https://www.runnersworld.com/

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.active.aps.c25k&hl=en_US

Yoga for beginners

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=yoga+for+beginners

Zumba:

Beginner Zumba

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=beginner+zumba+routiens

Advanced zumba

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=advanced+zumba+routiens

I love zumba because I feel like a kid. I have no rhythm..But I can dream.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

💟💟 Veteran Appreciation 💟💟

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I’m back to spin class tomorrow after a 1.5 month break. Hope I don’t die. 😂😂

Also- when I started working out, I weighed about 380lbs. I highly recommend doing a few sessions with a personal trainer if you can swing it financially. They ensure proper form and help you prevent injury... also, and this is super helpful for people of size, they should be able to modify the exercises to your physical abilities.

I’m trying to get back on my workout game. I feel like I say this a lot. My better half is in SF this week for work, so I’m trying to use this time to get back in my routine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Winter is trying to get me y'all... There was the clearest sheet of ice everywhere. I'm jumping rope indoors and maybe I'll go to the gym for weight training since it's not a pizza or bagel day for members, wtf right...

Edited by GreenTealael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Winter is trying to get me y'all... There was the clearest sheet of ice everywhere

As you jump rope, dream of wearing shorts, tank tops and summer dresses. You already rock fashion. I'm waiting for your spring/summer style photos.

images.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×