Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pickle juice 3 days post op?

Wouldn't it have too much vinegar for three days post op? Acidity may be too much for the newly healing stomach?

And also Pickle Juice is HIGH HIGH in Sodium(salt) , canned enough of them in my lifetime to know. Don't want your electrolytes out of balance at this stage of healing. And 2 Shea is right, full of vinegar(acetic acid) but also full of undisclosed sugar. Do you really want the extra carbs when you're working so hard to lose?

Enjoy it darlin', your body may just be craving it. When I got home from delivering Baby#1 I sat down and ate an entire can of 🍍 pineapple in a single setting, it seemed to be what my body needed too.

I guess you will know soon enough if your stomach will reject it, but it may be best to chat with your dietician in case they would prefer you not to consume it.

I can see that the product called Pickle Juice doesn't have sugar, but some of the homemade recipes look like they could have plenty of sugar.

Here is another thread which may be helpful to you

If you put the word pickle in the top left hand search field you will find lots of other threads regarding pickle juice which also may be useful to look at

Edited by 2shea

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Today was rough...
      I've been experiencing a headache all day today that just won't go away. I'm thinking it's now progressing into a migraine. Does anyone else get headaches from taking vitamin B12? I did some research and learned that usually a lack of B12 causes headaches. But I've noticed when I take it, I have reoccurring headaches. 😫
      · 0 replies
    • sammijaee

I can’t figure out how to update my surgery stats but 
      start 259
      sw 245
      cw 237
      gw 175
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products