Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

9 months post op what kind of exercises can I do? also Anyone know of support groups in NC?

I am 9 months post op.. so far so good... lost a lot of weight so far and I feel great... still working on seeing my surgeon for the follow up so he can evaluate my first set of blood work tests. My primary gave me an Iron prescription plus told me to take added Vitamin A. Anyway, I eat what I want , and definitely in small amounts. The only exercise I get is walking but I really need to start weight training to build up some muscle for my slightly flabby skin. Its not really bad but bad enough to where I would like tone up before thinking of surgery . My surgeon said don't do surgery until 18 months after weight loss surgery... Which means I still have another 9 months to go IF I decide to go that route.

Anyone have any good toning exercises with weights that I can do for my arms and legs ? Also any good butt exercises out there? Id like to tone it up a little too. Ive googled a few things but nothing really shows me from a weight loss patient perspective on what good exercises to do for toning up flabby bodies. They really need something like that on the web! A go to list for weight loss patients! I hope I didn't wait too long to start? Thats what I am afraid of. These past 9 months have just been busy and the weight has been coming off all on its on so I haven't started a major exercise routine although I am always active in walking. Lots of walking.

Also I live in North Carolina... I thought about starting up a support group and meeting once a week or twice a month. Anyone interested? I live in central Carolina. I would really even like to attend a support group if there are any out there on this side of the town ?

Please any thoughts or suggests for me? :)

1 hour ago, Glamgirl said:

I am 9 months post op.. so far so good... lost a lot of weight so far and I feel great... still working on seeing my surgeon for the follow up so he can evaluate my first set of blood work tests. My primary gave me an Iron prescription plus told me to take added Vitamin A. Anyway, I eat what I want , and definitely in small amounts. The only exercise I get is walking but I really need to start weight training to build up some muscle for my slightly flabby skin. Its not really bad but bad enough to where I would like tone up before thinking of surgery . My surgeon said don't do surgery until 18 months after weight loss surgery... Which means I still have another 9 months to go IF I decide to go that route.

Anyone have any good toning exercises with weights that I can do for my arms and legs ? Also any good butt exercises out there? Id like to tone it up a little too. Ive googled a few things but nothing really shows me from a weight loss patient perspective on what good exercises to do for toning up flabby bodies. They really need something like that on the web! A go to list for weight loss patients! I hope I didn't wait too long to start? Thats what I am afraid of. These past 9 months have just been busy and the weight has been coming off all on its on so I haven't started a major exercise routine although I am always active in walking. Lots of walking.

Also I live in North Carolina... I thought about starting up a support group and meeting once a week or twice a month. Anyone interested? I live in central Carolina. I would really even like to attend a support group if there are any out there on this side of the town ?

Please any thoughts or suggests for me? :)

1 hour ago, Glamgirl said:

Ive googled a few things but nothing really shows me from a weight loss patient perspective on what good exercises to do for toning up flabby bodies

Weight lifting is not different for bariatric patients. Lifts are still the same. I'm not sure what you are looking for.

https://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/

https://www.bodybuilding.com/

Thank you :)

depending on how far everyone is... I'm in Davidson county but I dont mind driving to another county either. :)