Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Everyone day eating habits 7-10 months PO

Hi all,

I’m currently 7 months post op, and wanting to know what everyone’s meals are like quality and quantity wise this far PO. I believe I’m still eating very small for someone this far out. I’m having 4-5 small meals a day 4-5 ounces roughly 120 grams.

A normal day for me consists of multiple cups of coffee with skim milk 300-500ml of skim milk a day.

Breakfast: Oats with blueberries and strawberry

Mid meal: Protein Shake 20g Protein

Lunch: meat and veggies 100-140 grams (Chicken, Fish, Prawns, Beef tuna etc)

Afternoon tea: 30 grams of nuts

Dinner: Meat and veggies 100-140 grams (Chicken, Fish, Prawns, Beef Tuna etc)

I’ve reached past my goal weight by 10kg so I’m more after the answer as to whether the amount I’m eating is sufficient enough (quantity).

Cheers.

I should also mention I go to the gym 4 days a week and do weight training along with a15 minutes run on the treadmill

How much do you move each day--your activity level?

Do you keep those limits cuz that's where you feel fullness?

Are you still actively losing at this threshold? What are the calories/macros broken down on this?

At 7 months is sure seems like you are still consuming a lot of your food with liquids. To me that would go against my doc's wishes. What does your doc say about your plan?

Congrats on surpassing goal!

Are you male or female?

27 minutes ago, HarleyS179 said:

Hi all,

I’m currently 7 months post op, and wanting to know what everyone’s meals are like quality and quantity wise this far PO. I believe I’m still eating very small for someone this far out. I’m having 4-5 small meals a day 4-5 ounces roughly 120 grams.

A normal day for me consists of multiple cups of coffee with skim milk 300-500ml of skim milk a day.

Breakfast: Oats with blueberries and strawberry

Mid meal: Protein Shake 20g Protein

Lunch: meat and veggies 100-140 grams (Chicken, Fish, Prawns, Beef tuna etc)

Afternoon tea: 30 grams of nuts

Dinner: meat and veggies 100-140 grams (Chicken, Fish, Prawns, Beef Tuna etc)

I’ve reached past my goal weight by 10kg so I’m more after the answer as to whether the amount I’m eating is sufficient enough (quantity).

Cheers.

The goal is healthy. Consult your dietician to make sure you are eating enough calories, Protein, carbohydrates and fats. Your diet instructions may look different for maintaining your weight.

You are paying for the dietician. Get your money's worth.

On 01/03/2019 at 06:58, FluffyChix said:

How much do you move each day--your activity level?

Do you keep those limits cuz that's where you feel fullness?

Are you still actively losing at this threshold? What are the calories/macros broken down on this?

At 7 months is sure seems like you are still consuming a lot of your food with liquids. To me that would go against my doc's wishes. What does your doc say about your plan?

Congrats on surpassing goal!

Are you male or female?

I work out 4 times a week and fairly active. I was originally eating 3 meals a day however my weight would t stop coming off so I had to up it. When I say I serve 100-150 gram meal I don’t consume all of that 90% of the time in luck to consume 90-100 grams of food at any one time. Calorie wise even when I was counting last month I was eating roughly 800 calories a day. If I were to eat any less how it would be too much.

Are you a dude? Cuz if so, that sounds low on calories, given the amount you move and exercise. And at that time, 100g of food is just 3 1/2oz or there abouts! 112g=4oz; 140g=5oz etc...So you have quite a bit of restriction. And no wonder you are still losing.

Hopefully some vets will be by to tell you how to go to maintenance. I do know it's a trial and error experimentation thing. If it were me, I'd slowly add in food--maybe start by adding about 250extra cals in the form of dense food such as: avocado, more nuts, full fat cheese, a tsp of butter or oil per meal or so...or add in a couple tbsp of Salad Dressing to a salad. That sort of thing. But I'm not a vet and am still in losing mode at 10.5months.

Edited: DERP I just saw Jenn hopped in to give advice--excellent advice!

Edited by FluffyChix

27 minutes ago, HarleyS179 said:

I work out 4 times a week and fairly active.

All I can give you is my experience at 7 months out - weight loss mode 900 to 1000 calories - Protein 60-100 - low carb. (My maintaining calories and macros are different)

• If you are concerned if you are not eating enough calories contact your dietician.
  • If your workouts are above the average fitness level. You will need to fuel your body differently. Contact your dietician.
  • If you are going into maintaining phase contact your dietician for instructions.

On 01/03/2019 at 08:21, FluffyChix said:

Are you a dude? Cuz if so, that sounds low on calories, given the amount you move and exercise. And at that time, 100g of food is just 3 1/2oz or there abouts! 112g=4oz; 140g=5oz etc...So you have quite a bit of restriction. And no wonder you are still losing.

Hopefully some vets will be by to tell you how to go to maintenance. I do know it's a trial and error experimentation thing. If it were me, I'd slowly add in food--maybe start by adding about 250extra cals in the form of dense food such as: avocado, more nuts, full fat cheese, a tsp of butter or oil per meal or so...or add in a couple tbsp of Salad Dressing to a salad. That sort of thing. But I'm not a vet and am still in losing mode at 10.5months.

Edited: DERP I just saw Jenn hopped in to give advice--excellent advice!

Yes I’m a male. Thanks for your advice :) much appreciated

I am almost 7 months now and I was told to eat 800 calories/day with 70g Protein - low carb.

I can't really eat more than 3oz of meat at anytime, I just get full. But I can eat more if it is veggies or yogurt.

I had a metabolic test done at the hospital that said I was burning 1566 cal/day without doing anything, so I calculated what that would be if I wanted to lose 10lbs/month using 3500cal/lb, which comes out to about 350cals/day. Then I added in 50cal/1000 steps, so if I walk 5000 steps/day I can eat 250 cals more per day. And if I go to the gym I estimate how many calories I burn, and I can eat that much more. So far this seems to be working for me, but I am female, 5'7" and 230lbs.