Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Age takes 3rd Place, behind Confidence and Commitment in importance. If you know you can, you surely will do good. My own recovery has not been perfect, nut I would never go back to before. I have now been granted the time and opportunity to get well, I was running out of time before. If I could have looked ahead I might not chose exactly this path, but it is still a good road to travel on, daily I'm getting better, I have my hopes and dreams just like every RnY and Sleeve and the others, to live a healthier, thinner, fitter life, so what if my transit time is longer?, I will still get to victory lane. I was built after WWII when people were made of strong steel, not fiberglass or plastic, I was created in God's Image & fashioned for endurance. I am IN IT to WIN IT, I shall still claim my share of victories. Yesterday was my 5 month Surgiversity, spent it in another hospital , Mount Carmel East, having testing run on another section of my 73 year old body. How did I do? Who knows? They never tell you anything, technician said because I was so compliant he got lovely images to pass to my Cardiologist. Okaybee, I guess that is a good thing in the long run. You'll see me chug- chugging along, look for someone with a red'gold thin pixie haircut, loose sweats and rubber tubing hanging out my left upper arm, there can't be more than one of me out there! If you wave---- I'll surely wave back!
Very nice said and funny at times lol... You will be fine. God is in control.

Sent from my LGMS210 using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm 56 and had bypass 4.5 months ago at age 55. I've lost 61 lbs as of today and feel great. I'm now off all my medications (blood pressure, cholesterol and arrhythmia meds) and a able to do so much more than I ever could. I had a band for 9 years and did well with it for about the first 6 years or so, but had a very bad run and turned to food and gained back all I lost and more.

My sister had her bypass at age 68 (5 years ago) and she's feeling fantastic.

Mountaineer514, you are singing my song this morning. My surgery is TODAY 2/20/2019 at 1:30pm. While everyones jourany is different, I will share my journey health issues reversed journey as i am claiming it in the name of Jesus!!!
Amen. Good luck to you.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using BariatricPal mobile app

On 02/20/2019 at 06:46, Mbeasley said:

Mountaineer514, you are singing my song this morning. My surgery is TODAY 2/20/2019 at 1:30pm. While everyones jourany is different, I will share my journey health issues reversed journey as i am claiming it in the name of Jesus!!!

Praying for you today and look forward to sharing your journey as we move to a better life

All the aches and pains will slowly go away and after a few months the metamorphosis will occur. Your pants will be falling off, the necks on tops will be slipping off your shoulder ( for the sexy new you). It’s a long road we are all traveling on. Eventually we’ll get there-no matter our age. Take heart, don’t be discouraged! Our journey to our big weight didn’t happen over night. Just one cupcake or cookie at a time!!
Love to all those over 50’s out there you can do this!!

I’m 69! I had sleeve after my 69 birthday. By the time I was 5 months post-op I was down 100 pounds and feeling like a kid again. You are only too old when you are on the wrong side of the grass( dead).
I was so sick, weak and just waiting to die. Figured I had nothing left to lose.
When I awoke from anesthesia I knew the surgery was successful because I felt FANTASTIC!!
I had no pain nor nausea at all post-op.

Wow. I’m 4 months out and only lost 47 and am kind of stuck. No real exercise except moving more and much easier. I’d almost be at my goal if I lost 100
I have nausea when I drink too much Water at one time and there are several foods that make me sick so I just avoid them. Lost my sweet cravings but salt is a little issue for me.

I’m 63 had my surgery on 10/31... will be 4 months on Thursday - slow loser - just 39lbs but I have atrial fibrillation and hold Water like a camel ! Might be the beta blockers ... but I feel so much better and much more mobile... my aches and pains are not as debilitating and my face and neck and boobs have shrunk! So I’m patient and just keeping the focus on Protein and Water 😊

On 2/20/2019 at 10:09 AM, DanaC84 said:
On 2/20/2019 at 6:46 AM, Mbeasley said:

Praying for you today and look forward to sharing your journey as we move to a better life

Thank you!

On 02/23/2019 at 06:20, brittmarr1 said:

All the aches and pains will slowly go away and after a few months the metamorphosis will occur. Your pants will be falling off, the necks on tops will be slipping off your shoulder ( for the sexy new you). It’s a long road we are all traveling on. Eventually we’ll get there-no matter our age. Take heart, don’t be discouraged! Our journey to our big weight didn’t happen over night. Just one cupcake or cookie at a time!!

Love to all those over 50’s out there you can do this!!
Thank you for this!! I needed to hear this, today especially. I’m really discouraged by my lack of progress (as far as the scale goes). I expected to have lost a significant amount my first month and I just haven’t! I’m trying to focus on non scale victories. I have more energy, I’m off my diabetes drugs, I can see the toilet seat (lol, but true!). I know I’ve not strayed off my plan one iota. Sorry for the pity party, it’s not in my nature but it is truthful for where I am right now.

That scale seems to be everyone’s nemesis!! My weight fluctuates all day long and my scale is the kitchen so I weigh at least five times a day.
I try to stay positive
Just took new passport pictures and I see lots of new wrinkles-I avoid the camera!! But my husband tells me those wrinkles are okay! Me not so much. I’ll be looking for a nip and tuck next year. I have lost lots of hair and am eating Protein like I should but sometimes I will eat a cookie just because it looks so good. Or I chew something and spit it out after I taste it. I’m bad.-but old habits die hard.
I like that I am able to share ups and downs. That there are lots of us in the same boat.
Oh I’m off my metformin and my fasting sugar is less than 100. It was only 140 tops pre-surgery.
Have a great day— off to my grandson’s hockey game!!!