Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why you should NOT work out after WLS



Recommended Posts

I watched the video, it's about the first 1-6 months. It's not 'don't exercise after weight loss surgery' it's don't bother exercising the first 6 months after because you can't consume enough calories to get a good workout in. That's true. He's not saying sit on a couch, just that you don't need to bother going to the gym because it will just make you hungrier and you don't have enough caloric intake for muscle recovery and you will feel like crap.

I've watched a bunch of his videos and haven't seen any MLM yet. He's mentioned his books, but, the videos I saw he actually holds up his book to the right page and tells you that you can screenshot it..lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jenniferinfl said:

I watched the video, it's about the first 1-6 months. It's not 'don't exercise after weight loss surgery' it's don't bother exercising the first 6 months after because you can't consume enough calories to get a good workout in. That's true. He's not saying sit on a couch, just that you don't need to bother going to the gym because it will just make you hungrier and you don't have enough caloric intake for muscle recovery and you will feel like crap.

I've watched a bunch of his videos and haven't seen any MLM yet. He's mentioned his books, but, the videos I saw he actually holds up his book to the right page and tells you that you can screenshot it..lol

No it's just in the last few months he went down a rabbit hole...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FluffyChix said:

No it's just in the last few months he went down a rabbit hole...

Ah, okay. That makes sense, all the videos I've watched from him so far have been awesome. Too bad he's a sellout now, but, I don't care, his old videos at least are great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, jenniferinfl said:

Ah, okay. That makes sense, all the videos I've watched from him so far have been awesome. Too bad he's a sellout now, but, I don't care, his old videos at least are great.

I'm not so sure sell-out as "issues" and so he's scrambling? :( And who knows about other stuff. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

I'm not so sure sell-out as "issues" and so he's scrambling? :( And who knows about other stuff. ;)

I'm still a subscriber 😂😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been working out since week 6. I still log and track every liquid and food that goes into my mouth; I hit my macro goals daily and limit my sugar to under 30 a day. It has worked well for me because not only have I shed tons of pounds I am getting excellent definition. I’ve averaged 26 lbs a month of loss the last 7 months and my pant and shirt sizes have went below the point I’ve ever worn my entire adult life.

So yeah, I think exercise is a big credit for that. Would I have lost weight anyway? Yes. Would I have lost this much, this fast? No. Would I have loose skin if I didn’t workout? I think so. Instead I have zero.

So, not sold. Not at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, MeanSleevedMachine said:

I’ve been working out since week 6. I still log and track every liquid and food that goes into my mouth; I hit my macro goals daily and limit my sugar to under 30 a day. It has worked well for me because not only have I shed tons of pounds I am getting excellent definition. I’ve averaged 26 lbs a month of loss the last 7 months and my pant and shirt sizes have went below the point I’ve ever worn my entire adult life.

So yeah, I think exercise is a big credit for that. Would I have lost weight anyway? Yes. Would I have lost this much, this fast? No. Would I have loose skin if I didn’t workout? I think so. Instead I have zero.

So, not sold. Not at all.

Pic or it didn't happen

😉

Edited by GreenTealael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I went from 404lbs the day of surgery down to 210lbs at 6’2” without a single minute of designated exercise. I just eat right after my Roux-en-Y. But the flip side is i have a very labor intense job so i had dense muscle already. Ladies and gents it’s important to have good muscle tone for this to work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't read all the replies but I watched this video sometime ago and he didn't say never, he said until you get closer to your goal weight. If remember correctly I think he said walking was ok but its been a while since i watched. I did pilates and plan to continue with that and walking. It works better for me than the stuff the gyms push. But I'm older so that makes a difference as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why you SHOULD exercise after WLS. No way I'd look anywhere near this now without working out.

Screenshot_20181201-172650_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20181201-173259_Video Player.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m finally 1 month post op and I am clear to go to the gym. At what pace did everyone start out when returning to the gym? I was going to the gym for 1-2 hours before surgery and I know I’m no where near that energy level now ☹️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Krestel

      Today was a really tough day and I turned to food (and a watered down glass of wine). The interesting part was that I felt REALLY full after eating half my go to cheat snack, tortilla chips with cheese. So the GBP is doing its job!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Nomorepasta

      Does anyone know how to change specific info on ur profile ex. Surgery date weight etc. ?..
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Krestel

      The only way I can tell that I'm losing weight is from the scale and my clothes "getting bigger".
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • GreenTealael

      Still Traveling 😥😌😳😂
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Krestel

      I can now buy clothes in normal stores again. Admittedly the first time when I started trying on clothes, I really had to keep myself calm. Normally trying on clothes causes me to become SOOO depressed that it take weeks just to get over it. Now, I have to keep myself from not wanting to buy everything!
      · 1 reply
      1. AngieBear

        Right?! It’s an amazing, freeing feeling.

  • Trending Topics

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×