Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Stall Venting

On 12/6/2018 at 3:27 PM, mousecat88 said:

This is totally for my own sanity and not because I need a logical reply... but feel free anyways. I am 5 weeks out today and...

I HAVE NOT LOST A SINGLE POUND IN 8 DAYS AND WTF I AM EATING 400 CALORIES A DAY AND 100% ON MY DIET GIVEN MY ULCER SITUATION, AND DOESN'T THE HUMAN BODY BURN LIKE 4 TO 5 TIMES THAT AMOUNT OF CALORIES JUST SITTING AND DOING NOTHING ALL DAY SO WHAT IS THE DEAL, BODY??!??!?! WHO EATS ALMOST PURE Protein AND EXTREMELY LOW FAT AND CARBS AND DOESN'T LOSE A SINGLE POUND IN OVER A WEEK? AND YES I AM FRIGGIN' HYDRATED. GET REAL, BODY! DO SOMETTHIIINNNGGG.

Aight, I'm better. Not really. But UGH! I lost this much on Atkins. FMLLLLL.

Just had to rant. Woooosssaaaa.

In your situation, I would forget about weight loss and focus on getting intake down. 400 calories is not enough and I'm not aware of any professional who would tell someone that. Please reach out to Addy or myself directly if possible..... We are 4-years out and help ppl for free.... I'm worried for you.

www.youtube.com/c/AddyJoeTVGastricCouple

4 minutes ago, AddyJoeTVGatricCouple said:

In your situation, I would forget about weight loss and focus on getting intake down. 400 calories is not enough and I'm not aware of any professional who would tell someone that. Please reach out to Addy or myself directly if possible..... We are 4-years out and help ppl for free.... I'm worried for you.

www.youtube.com/c/AddyJoeTVGastricCouple

My manual and both dietitians say I should be at 400 calories a day and 800-1000 is the long-term goal by 8 months. I do feel more comfortable following my surgeon and dietitian's instructions, but I appreciate the offer.

Edited by mousecat88

21 minutes ago, Oct517 said:

I agree but how do I resist the temptation of jumping on the scale?!? I tried putting the scale in an incovienent location and still found myself going through the effort to grab it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I don't know. Perhaps pack it away in a box with tape...

1 hour ago, AddyJoeTVGatricCouple said:

Addy had an ulcer as well... you're doing great if that's the case.. 400 calories is not enough to lose weight and stay healthy.... did they give you Carafate or Protonics?

Addy has a "Complications" video as well... sounds like it may help you. Friend, this is a dangerous place to be... you staying hydrated is a HUGE victory!

Joe

I am on both Carafate and Prilosec for now for the ulcer. I recently (like last Thursday) sent my daily meals to the dietitians and surgeon to confirm that I am eating correctly and they both replied that I am doing great and I am eating the right choices.

Edited by mousecat88

Tomorrow will be exactly 6 weeks since surgery and if I am down 8 more ounces by tomorrow (which I anticipate, given that I can't eat jack today because of some horribleness that happened last night), I will hit 30lbs lost in 6 weeks. I guess that is good. But I'm still going to complain. lmao. I'm going to complain right up until I hit 140... forewarning. There's a long road of WHY IS THIS HAPPENING SO SLOWLY threads in the coming year. Just sayin.

1 hour ago, mousecat88 said:

My manual and both dietitians say I should be at 400 calories a day and 800-1000 is the long-term goal by 8 months. I do feel more comfortable following my surgeon and dietitian's instructions, but I appreciate the offer.

I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend... you should listen to your doctor obviously (most of our videos say this). I've just dealt with hundreds of WLS peeps and never heard of staying at 400 calories. God bless you for being able to do that... 400 calories and almost all Protein - you are a saint..

Any way, this YouTuber is out! Seriously, blessings on you and yes... burn the scale... ha

-Joe, Some YouTuber

ps Might change my user name to that!!

(quick note: the mayo Clinic foods diet says 1.5 cups of food a meal.. That will stretch your pouch.. I know, been there)

Edited by AddyJoeTVGatricCouple
forgot something

Just now, AddyJoeTVGatricCouple said:

I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend... you should listen to your doctor obviously (most of our videos say this). I've just dealt with hundreds of WLS peeps and never heard of staying at 400 calories. God bless you for being able to do that... 400 calories and almost all Protein - you are a saint..

Any way, this YouTuber is out! Seriously, blessings on you and yes... burn the scale... ha

-Joe, Some YouTuber

ps Might change my user name to that!!

Oh, I didn't take it that way! No offense. I just try to stick to my doc's recommendations 100%. I figure they've had thousands of successful patients over who knows how long so they must do something right!

4 minutes ago, AddyJoeTVGatricCouple said:

(quick note: the mayo Clinic foods diet says 1.5 cups of food a meal.. That will stretch your pouch.. I know, been there)

Yeah, that's a lot! What is that... 12 ounces? I'm currently at 2 per meal... eventually going to 6-8.

I feel ur pain, I am 8 weeks out of surgery and have been at a stall for 3 weeks. I am eating everything I am suppose to be and yes it is aggrivating. But I am trusting the process. My husband tell me I am doing great and that I look great. I wish I had measured myself before surgery because he tell me I have lost a lot of inches. I have lost 56 total and 41 since my surg date of OCT 23rd. Hang in there it will start dropping off ( that is what I tell myself)

I’m almost two years out and down 110 to 115 pounds. EVERY single long stall I had was because I needed to up my calories. As soon as I did the scale moved.

I was on a stall right before Thanksgiving. I ate really well the week of Thanksgiving thought I gained weight but ended up loosing 5lbs that week. Was on another stall before I went on a cruise for a week December 9 ate really well again thought I gained weight came home weighed myself lost 4 lbs. Seems like when I eat well more calories I loose weight.

If you believed in the story of Santa Claus for 8 years surely,you can believe in yourself now!

On 12/7/2018 at 5:28 AM, mousecat88 said:

This is 100% true - but impossible to follow. LOL. I weigh every.single.day. Sometimes I look at the scale and I'm like... naw... I'm not falling for your tricks today. But then I'm like... I MUST KNOW. And cave.

On the plus side, I am down a pound this morning. HA. *adjusts ticker by one pound*

Me. All of this is me also. lol