Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

This is totally for my own sanity and not because I need a logical reply... but feel free anyways. I am 5 weeks out today and...

I HAVE NOT LOST A SINGLE POUND IN 8 DAYS AND WTF I AM EATING 400 CALORIES A DAY AND 100% ON MY DIET GIVEN MY ULCER SITUATION, AND DOESN'T THE HUMAN BODY BURN LIKE 4 TO 5 TIMES THAT AMOUNT OF CALORIES JUST SITTING AND DOING NOTHING ALL DAY SO WHAT IS THE DEAL, BODY??!??!?! WHO EATS ALMOST PURE Protein AND EXTREMELY LOW FAT AND CARBS AND DOESN'T LOSE A SINGLE POUND IN OVER A WEEK? AND YES I AM FRIGGIN' HYDRATED. GET REAL, BODY! DO SOMETTHIIINNNGGG.

Aight, I'm better. Not really. But UGH! I lost this much on Atkins. FMLLLLL.

Just had to rant. Woooosssaaaa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, mousecat88 said:

This is totally for my own sanity and not because I need a logical reply... but feel free anyways. I am 5 weeks out today and...

I HAVE NOT LOST A SINGLE POUND IN 8 DAYS AND WTF I AM EATING 400 CALORIES A DAY AND 100% ON MY DIET GIVEN MY ULCER SITUATION, AND DOESN'T THE HUMAN BODY BURN LIKE 4 TO 5 TIMES THAT AMOUNT OF CALORIES JUST SITTING AND DOING NOTHING ALL DAY SO WHAT IS THE DEAL, BODY??!??!?! WHO EATS ALMOST PURE Protein AND EXTREMELY LOW FAT AND CARBS AND DOESN'T LOSE A SINGLE POUND IN OVER A WEEK? AND YES I AM FRIGGIN' HYDRATED. GET REAL, BODY! DO SOMETTHIIINNNGGG.

Aight, I'm better. Not really. But UGH! I lost this much on Atkins. FMLLLLL.

Just had to rant. Woooosssaaaa.

Rant away hon...I'm not going to give you any logical advice per your request but just some encouragement and reassurance. The weight is going to start dropping and you will be happy ((Hugs))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha I know I am doing things right. My surgeon is very happy with where I'm at. But WHATEVERRRRR. WHAAA. It's also hard not comparing yourself to other people's progress. Support groups are definitely a mixed bag. "Everyone has their own journey blah blah blah"

I just got cleared for some exercise this week. No ab stuff for another week, and no heavy weights until ??? Hoping adding in the exercise will pick things back up and tone me up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mousecat88 said:

Haha I know I am doing things right. My surgeon is very happy with where I'm at. But WHATEVERRRRR. WHAAA. It's also hard not comparing yourself to other people's progress. Support groups are definitely a mixed bag. "Everyone has their own journey blah blah blah"

I just got cleared for some exercise this week. No ab stuff for another week, and no heavy weights until ??? Hoping adding in the exercise will pick things back up and tone me up.

This may make you feel normal...My first 2.5 weeks I lost about 20 lbs...after that I didn't lose any more weight, not one ounce for another 4.5 weeks. I just kept telling myself, it's gotta start dropping because I am following my plan BUT I was losing inches like crazy and my clothes were getting to big. I was getting very frustrated as well, then I just stopped worrying about it so much.

Edited by Wanda247

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, mousecat88 said:

This is totally for my own sanity and not because I need a logical reply... but feel free anyways. I am 5 weeks out today and...

I HAVE NOT LOST A SINGLE POUND IN 8 DAYS AND WTF I AM EATING 400 CALORIES A DAY AND 100% ON MY DIET GIVEN MY ULCER SITUATION, AND DOESN'T THE HUMAN BODY BURN LIKE 4 TO 5 TIMES THAT AMOUNT OF CALORIES JUST SITTING AND DOING NOTHING ALL DAY SO WHAT IS THE DEAL, BODY??!??!?! WHO EATS ALMOST PURE Protein AND EXTREMELY LOW FAT AND CARBS AND DOESN'T LOSE A SINGLE POUND IN OVER A WEEK? AND YES I AM FRIGGIN' HYDRATED. GET REAL, BODY! DO SOMETTHIIINNNGGG.

Aight, I'm better. Not really. But UGH! I lost this much on Atkins. FMLLLLL.

Just had to rant. Woooosssaaaa.

Hang in there i know the feeling. My stall lasted 2.5 weeks...I thought i was losing my mind as i had the same thoughts as you. The scale is FINALLY moving. I am putting it away and will only weigh myself every two weeks. The scale is an evil thing!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Wanda247 said:

This may make you feel normal...My first 2.5 weeks I lost about 20 lbs...after that I didn't lose any more weight, not one ounce for another 4.5 weeks. I just kept telling myself, it's gotta start dropping because I am following my plan BUT I was losing inches like crazy and my clothes were getting to big. I was getting very frustrated as well, then I just stopped worrying about it so much.

Okay... totally legitimate question no one can seem to answer. I get the whole, losing inches but not pounds thing... but I thought that only happened if you put on muscle mass? But if I am not strength training or doing much exercise... how am I putting on muscle mass? It is so confusing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we have a bariatricpal forum conference where we all bring our scales and light them on fire like Burning Man? How do I tag Alex?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

I'm convinced most people should not weight often early on.

This is 100% true - but impossible to follow. LOL. I weigh every.single.day. Sometimes I look at the scale and I'm like... naw... I'm not falling for your tricks today. But then I'm like... I MUST KNOW. And cave.

On the plus side, I am down a pound this morning. HA. *adjusts ticker by one pound*

Edited by mousecat88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My surgeon on Tuesday casually mentioned that most RNY patients lose the most around 4 months. I didn't ask why because I had 1000 questions and it didn't really click at the time. Has anyone else heard this or had this experience? Yes... we are all different and such. But I am wondering why he said that... if he's noticed a trend or maybe it's due to your body finally not believing it's starving anymore?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stalls suck green balls. At any time. But most especially the dreaded "3 week stall" that happens any time within weeks 2-6. LOL. I wanted to sacrifice small animals. Cuz I was eating like 4-500 cals and thinking, this is BS!!!! LOL. But I swear it will break. Stay the course. Drink your Water, maybe even add in decaf green tea. Walk. Walk. Walk!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hauled butt to my pcp to cry wtf. I lost more weight in month 1 on all the different diet fads I did. I lost 11 pounds in 11 days after surgery then nothing, not a speck for 20 days. THIS IS NOT EVEN SCIENCE LOL! I was on antibiotics back to back for uti and also dealing with kidney stones but I felt so bewildered and ripped off. Then the last 5 days I lost a pound a day for no particular reason except maybe that I added a bit more carbs and fat because that would shake things up when I stalled low carbing before. But I felt the same feelings of panic and disbelief and feeling ripped off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Featured Surgeons

    1. Masoud Rezvani

      Woodbridge, Virginia 22191

    2. Lisa Medvetz

      Downingtown, Pennsylvania 19335
      800-282-0066

  • Recent Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • GreenTealael

      Im absolutely terrified to buy underwear these days 😢, I realized I don't know my real size in anything anymore.
      · 1 reply
      1. sillykitty

        I know the feeling. I did some major online shopping with all the sales around black friday. In tops I wear anywhere between a S-L. In pants from 6-10. But I must own the world's most elastic panties, because -100+ lbs, I still wear the same undies! :lol:

    • Puppycat

      I went against my weekly weigh in and cheated today the scale says I'm 248 😂How? Maybe it's wrong lol I just purchased the scale and it's my first time using it. I'll weigh my daughter to see if it's accurate. I was 255 this time last week so I guess it's a real possibility. I'll let you know , I have been very picky about sugars and carbs even though I don't have a huge variety of foods to choose from. I'm super excited and hope everyone is doing great! Got to charge my iPad but I just had to share my happiness 
      · 2 replies
      1. proudgrammy

        great weight loss ☺️- weigh yourself on one scale all the time - be consistent - congrats kathy

      2. FlyAwayFree

        I am having the same kinds of things happen lol. I just posted about my 52 pound weight loss... and I am only 6 weeks out from surgery! Yay! I am so happy to lose so quickly. Its a relief!

    • proudgrammy

      flying down to GA. It's all about the grand-kids!! Always will be!!
      · 3 replies
      1. Wanda247

        Have a wonderful time with your grandbabies!! 😉

      2. Liz The New Me

        Merry Christmas!!

      3. FluffyChix

        Have fun girlfriend!!! Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy everything, Happy Holidays! Enjoy!

    • Schnauzer3

      So sorry about yesterday's venting, bad day, frustrated my husband was sweet, put up our Christmas  Tree.  God news this morning, I received my insurance approval.  '
      After having my surgery date moved twice, I will be first case Monday morning, December 17th!  Hooray!  Thank you for listening!
      · 1 reply
      1. proudgrammy

        surgery date finally set - good luck kathy

    • Schnauzer3  »  jackieh412

      I am glad you are not having refux!  I hope you are having continued good healing!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Trending Topics

  • Magazine Articles

    1. Dealing with Family during the Holidays

      Posted in: Mental Health
      Ash Krupnik
    2. You Are NOT What You Eat

      Posted in: Mental Health
      Warren L. Huberman, PhD.
    3. Surviving the Thanksgiving Table: A Few Hacks

      Posted in: Food & Nutrition
      Alex Brecher
    4. Thanksgiving Tips You Can Use

      Posted in: Post-Op Support
      Alex Brecher
    5. Got Your Guard Up for Holiday Season?

      Posted in: Support
      Alex Brecher
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×