Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

I have been eating 1-2 bites when introducing new foods to see if that dreaded nausea is starting. I then wait 10 minutes before the next bite, hoping I can tell if it’s gonna make me sick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went for my first postop app with my surgeon yesterday. He asked if I had tried chicken yet and I said no I didn't think I was allowed. He told me that at this point it is fine to eat foods as tolerated. That it is actually good for the healing process to eat solid foods that stretch everything slightly as this helps to prevent contraction, over tightness and eating problems .

So dinner last night was roasted chicken (from the supermarket) and veg. It went down fine. This morning I ate a small bowl ( approx 120ml) muesli. That was fine as well.

Loving my bypass!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, elcee said:

Went for my first postop app with my surgeon yesterday. He asked if I had tried chicken yet and I said no I didn't think I was allowed. He told me that at this point it is fine to eat foods as tolerated. That it is actually good for the healing process to eat solid foods that stretch everything slightly as this helps to prevent contraction, over tightness and eating problems .

So dinner last night was roasted chicken (from the supermarket) and veg. It went down fine. This morning I ate a small bowl ( approx 120ml) muesli. That was fine as well.

Loving my bypass!

I’m loving it too so far. I’m making a ground turkey and sweet potato chili right now to try for dinner. Hopefully it is good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oh I am sure you will be be just fine. THEY downloading all my recent bills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi gang.

I started back to work yesterday and decided to also start back at the gym. Needless to say, I was in bed early last night!

Also happening last night, was my first episode of eating too fast....because I was late getting back from the gym and had to hurry and eat to get to a booster meeting. OMG. PLEASE make sure you take your time eating. I swear to god I learned my lesson on that one and it was an awful one to learn.

Today is 2 weeks since my bypass and so far I am down 18 pounds! Pretty exciting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I was sleeved 1/14/19 and down 30lbs but for the last week and half I did not lose any weight. What am I doing wrong? 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Jenwill630 said:

Hi gang.

I started back to work yesterday and decided to also start back at the gym. Needless to say, I was in bed early last night!

Also happening last night, was my first episode of eating too fast....because I was late getting back from the gym and had to hurry and eat to get to a booster meeting. OMG. PLEASE make sure you take your time eating. I swear to god I learned my lesson on that one and it was an awful one to learn.

Today is 2 weeks since my bypass and so far I am down 18 pounds! Pretty exciting!

That’s great. Congrats. I’m only down 7 since surgery but not worrying yet. Still too early to freak out lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ctsveryown said:

I was sleeved 1/14/19 and down 30lbs but for the last week and half I did not lose any weight. What am I doing wrong? 😞

Sounds like you hit a stall which is common. I wouldn’t worry about it. Just stick to your plan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 month post op now. Haven't weighed myself since 2 weeks where I had lost 40 but since then I was in the hospital for 5 days due to my gallbladder, had to have it removed.

I never had acid reflux but since then I do and its terrible. Any advice?

Also, since I was very sick during my gallbladder situation, I basically didnt eat for over a week and been recovering from that. Body and stomach seem very upset with me but slowly getting better. Anyone else gone through something like this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, duhniece said:

1 month post op now. Haven't weighed myself since 2 weeks where I had lost 40 but since then I was in the hospital for 5 days due to my gallbladder, had to have it removed.

I never had acid reflux but since then I do and its terrible. Any advice?

Also, since I was very sick during my gallbladder situation, I basically didnt eat for over a week and been recovering from that. Body and stomach seem very upset with me but slowly getting better. Anyone else gone through something like this?

Did your doctor give you a PPI to help with the reflux? Most will especially if you are sleeved. I had RNY but have a PPI for 6 months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/16/2019 at 07:41, CurvyMom said:





Did your doctor give you a PPI to help with the reflux? Most will especially if you are sleeved. I had RNY but have a PPI for 6 months.


Yes but every time I drink them I throw it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, duhniece said:
7 hours ago, CurvyMom said:




Did your doctor give you a PPI to help with the reflux? Most will especially if you are sleeved. I had RNY but have a PPI for 6 months.

Yes but every time I drink them I throw it up.

Oh no. That sounds awful. I would call the doctor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A little help please! I'm 27 days post-op. Today I got in about 800 calories/106 grams of Protein. Anyone think that's too many calories? I'm asking because I have yet to see the scale move this week. Side note: I'm doing horribly with Water just 30 ounces of water today but I'm guessing all Fluid counts.

Sent from my SM-J700T using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/19/2019 at 19:44, LaurynLove said:

A little help please! I'm 27 days post-op. Today I got in about 800 calories/106 grams of Protein. Anyone think that's too many calories? I'm asking because I have yet to see the scale move this week. Side note: I'm doing horribly with Water just 30 ounces of Water today but I'm guessing all Fluid counts.

Sent from my SM-J700T using BariatricPal mobile app

LaurynLove my dietitian told me to eat at least 1000- 1100 calories a day. And to drink 64 oz of water I get about 850 calories in on a good day and 56 oz. And that is tough. Also I work out 45 mins to an hour a day so the food gives me energy. And I am 5 weeks post-op. I eat every two hours I can say with me eating like this I am seeing the scale move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey All, so i had vsg on 1/22, and for the first 14 days weight was just coming off i believe i lost about 13-14 lbs, prior to the surgery during liquid pre-op I lost about 23lbs. But the past 16 days i have not lost a pound i am either at the same or it goes down/up one...and now my monthly vistor is coming so Im expecting a gain😭😭 not sure what im doing wrong i go in for my first month check up on Wednesday so im hoping they clear me to go to the gym. I am getting my Proteins in on most day, Water intake is a struggle still, before the surgery i was getting 72 oz day during preop and now i can barely get in 40 oz. Just dreaded this stall and scared that it wont end...i am sticking to 400-450 calories a day, dont really have an appetite which is great but eat to get the proteins in. Just discouraged was hoping to be farther along. Not sure what to do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×