Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've lost 70 pounds and now I am freezing all the time - cold hands, cold neck - BRRRRRRR! I was the gal with no winter coat and no sweaters to speak of. Anyone else freezing?

I've lost 70 pounds and now I am freezing all the time - cold hands, cold neck - BRRRRRRR! I was the gal with no winter coat and no sweaters to speak of. Anyone else freezing?
Me too. I am down 121 pounds and stay cold all the time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BariatricPal mobile app

ME TOO! I'm only down 40 lbs and I have 5 blankets on my bed. If you new me you would know this is not me. I was told from a friend that you will be cold all the time. I did not believe her, I was so wrong.

22 minutes ago, Separ1418 said:

Me too! I've lost 37 lbs so far...I don't even have hot flashes anymore and that is unbelievable, wooohoooo. I was like @Liz The New Me anyone that knows me know that i liked it cold and as everyone was freezing at work or anywhere I would have on sleeveless tops or dresses. I kinda like it though LOL.

I did google it and it said we are losing our cushion (fat) that we had and it causes us to basically be normal like all the other people that are freezing all the time. 👍

I just make sure I keep a light jacket or throw in my car.

Welcome to the wonderful world of being normal size ladies ((Hugs))

Edited by Wanda247

OMG! That reminds me. I used to say this all the time..."Look at her she has no meat on your bones, that's why she is so cold." So NOW I'm the skinny girl. LOL

1 hour ago, Separ1418 said:

LOL I just posted the same thing!!! Yes, freezing over here!!!

The reason why is because human fat is a very good insulator. Lose the fat and as a result, you become very sensitive to the cold.

Yes, I'm freezing. It was a hard shift from always warm to always cold. I imagine it will either get better, or I'll get used to it. I'm only 2 weeks post op right now.

I'm freezing too...and this is a girl who was always hot, hot, hot! Lol

Sent from my Pixel 3 using BariatricPal mobile app

Eight years out in January and I own more sweaters than any other article of clothing. Bought a heated mattress pad and have been very happy since I can't get to sleep if I'm cold.

Yes! I was always hot before and now I’m freezing - and I still weigh 300lbs!! My highest was 365 so I’m down 65 lbs. I can’t even IMAGINE how cold I’ll be when I lose more weight!! I think I’m going to buy a heating blanket because I’m having trouble falling asleep because I’m so cold!!

15 hours ago, James Marusek said:

The reason why is because human fat is a very good insulator. Lose the fat and as a result, you become very sensitive to the cold.

Oh I know WHY I'm cold, I just never thought it would happen to me!

Why do you feel cold when you lose weight?
-----------
Skinnier and chillier
-----------

Q. I used to be heavy and was always warm. Now, after losing weight, I am always cold. Why?

A. The general answer probably involves the loss of part of the body’s insulation in the form of unwanted body fat, but the answer in any specific case could be far more complicated.

Cold intolerance is a frequent complaint among those who have lost a considerable amount of weight. The body’s core has lost a significant part of its protection against heat loss. The problem is usually worse for those who become very thin, especially small women.

While someone is losing weight through severe calorie restriction, the metabolism may slow down to protect the body’s heat-producing store of calories, leading to a cold feeling.

And anyone who suffers inordinately from the cold, whether thin or not, should be checked for medical problems that can interfere with thermoregulation or slow the metabolism.

Such problems include blood vessel disorders, which can impede warming circulation from reaching the extremities; an underactive thyroid gland, which interferes with heat production by slowing the metabolism; anemia, which involves a shortage of oxygen-carrying red blood cells; and problems with the hypothalamus, the part of the brain that normally acts as the body’s thermostat.

-----------

Negative side effects of weight loss that no one talks about.

https://www.thisisinsider.com/negative-side-effects-of-weight-loss-2018-1