Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Always Hungry

I am 4.5 months out from gastric sleeve surgery and have lost 40 lbs so far, in a weight stall for about 2 months and I am ALWAYS hungry. I try to control myself by drinking Water but I don't know what else to do. I've been to the doctor who thought I might have an ulcer but an endoscopy showed no ulcer. Any suggestions to get my weight loss going again and stopping this neverending feelings of being hungry.

9 minutes ago, RRiker said:

I am 4.5 months out from gastric sleeve surgery and have lost 40 lbs so far, in a weight stall for about 2 months and I am ALWAYS hungry. I try to control myself by drinking Water but I don't know what else to do. I've been to the doctor who thought I might have an ulcer but an endoscopy showed no ulcer. Any suggestions to get my weight loss going again and stopping this neverending feelings of being hungry.

How much Water are you drinking? Are you drinking while you eat are are you waiting the 30 mins after eating before you start to drink again?

9 minutes ago, RRiker said:

Did your dr or dietician look at your food intake? What do your calories and macros look like at 4.5 months?

I drink close to 35 ounces of Water a day. I walk 5 miles a day. We discussed the food intake. My downfall is crackers but I don't sit there and eat crackers all day. I average about 1200-1500 calories a day. I'm at a loss.

Just now, RRiker said:

I drink close to 35 ounces of Water a day. I walk 5 miles a day. We discussed the food intake. My downfall is crackers but I don't sit there and eat crackers all day. I average about 1200-1500 calories a day. I'm at a loss.

You're biggest downfall is only getting 35oz of Water. Holy cow! Chronic dehydration if that's really all the water you're getting. What are your other fluids and how much total Fluid per day?

And yeah, crackers are sliders and will absolutely keep you STARVIN' MARVIN! LOL. And eating all day is effectively eating around your surgery. By your time, I was eating 3 meals per day.

Just now, RRiker said:

35 oz of Water isn't near enough, not even for a typical human. Current studies are showing that the minimum for a typical human is between 90 and 100+ oz of water a day total (from both food and water sources) Studies are showing that simply consuming 128 oz of water a day, and not changing your diet or exercise will result in weight loss. If your burn per day is higher than your intake, and you are not losing weight... it could be that you aren't losing fat due to the lack of water intake. The human body processes fat, with water. If you don't give your body enough water to meet the daily minimums, fat loss *WILL SUFFER*! Also, it's called Weight Loss Surgery, but, we aren't looking for just any random loss to make the "weight" number drop... we want to remove fat. If you are not tracking your body fat %'s, then you are missing out on a pretty critical bit of information. I have stalled or even gained a bit and still had my body fat % drop. Just something to think about. It's frustrating, of that I fully understand. But there are ways to break the stall. Intermittent fasting is something that's really helped me drop 20+ lbs when I was really stalled out around 230 ish. Push that water... it's important!

On 11/19/2018 at 11:53, RRiker said:

35oz?!?!? Walking 5 miles on only 35oz of fluids is dangerous. Being immobile and only drinking 35oz is dangerous. If you doubled your Water intake I believe you would feel a HUGE difference. I know if I slack on water, I immediately stall or gain. When I’m super super hydrated the weight drops off and I feel amazing. I also feel a lot less head hunger.

1 minute ago, RRiker said:

Guzzling Water as we speak. I'll definitely try to do better with my Water intake. I know I am not overeating. Thank you!

You may not be "overeating."

But you said your problem is constant hunger. So continual eating without scheduled meals and grazing is a recipe for disaster and actually FUELS your hunger and makes it worse.

I would also look at what % of those calories are Carbs, Proteins, and Fat intake. Those figures are equally important.