Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pet Peeves

@Frustr8 You sure have been given more than your share of challenges. Praying they get some solutions for you soon.

3 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

My pet peeve- I don't if it is resolvable-!! Well here it goes. My body is giving me the sensation that it is SUPER HUNGRY. May be true hunger, head hunger, the mostly evil 5 new ulcers, the ones developed after*surgery while on Omeprazole therapy. I told NP, dieticians et all, that drug IS NOT GASTROPROTECTIVE in my case. Did they listen? Nope like a spoiled 5 year old they sat there ignoring ME. They may have the degrees , I just have the body, now with a fresh not yet bleeding, not yet perforating. 5 evil ulcers. TOLD YOU SO ! Their answer: double up on what didn't already work! And I have a stricture, oh they poo-pooed me on THAT also, told them at 2 weeks I don't think SOMETHING is working , their answer You're Swollen and still healing! Well maybe so but I sure healed into a STRICTURE.
So here I am , my body and emotions saying Danger Will,Robinson-- You are starving, heading for a sorrowful malabsorption And Hospitalization🏣on IVs- NPO- TPN or a Feeding Tube.
And also in that ring is Precious Pouch, the spoiled- brat gastric pouch. She feels there is no soft food, no puree, worth her trouble. So_ repulse_ them_ all. 💦
liquids are fine & liquids are sweet whenever I've got them***
Everything else comes up before it hardly hits bottom***.
The one blessings twisted as it is-- nothing really stays down long enough to develop a partially digested odor. Slime-foam- Fluid and what she is repelling. Another mini-question , since she is so proficent at upchucking will she remain Bulemic/anorexic after the Stricture is released? I really though I bought the" Healthier and Thinner for the Rest of Your Life" model not the "Delicate and Bruised as Easily as A Gardenia Petal "model. Did I get the Shipping # Wrong?
So Bari-People I invite you help me find the ☀in the ☁💦of my current life!

What's your current weight and BMI? Can you get around easier? Any of your previous medical problems resolved like diabetes? Do you or your team have a plan for resolution in place? Is there anything else about life enjoyable? Anything you are grateful for?

Those are silver linings to look at even on the stormiest days.

Try to remain positive &

Safe Journey!

My rant? Relatives who think that my weight loss is the second coming. I'm five weeks post GVS and have lost 37 pounds. I'm glad to hear their compliments, but it's like everything else about me (intelligence, kindness, sense of humor) is so much less important.

Well I guess my relatives, what remains of them, early this decade they were dropping like flies after a RAID spraying, are of 2 opinions. Either I am not losing weight, just a lying rumor that I started to get attention, or I have cancer and won't tell them about it. Well, if I had cancer, which I don't but if I did it would be,my business, not theirs. And I think 64 pounds since Summer is pretty cool. whether You do or Not. And I have a dimple in my left cheek I don't remember back when I was a thinner teenager. And my color is off? Honey we are in Ohio, not much sunlight and cold outside. You maybe were expecting a California or Florida tan?

And Green Tealael, you asked BMI

And weight in earlier postings. 272 last Monday,BMI just over 40, I think 40.3 or 40,4, if I only felt better I would do a happy dance, but usually too doggone dizzy, blood sugar,i seem to run out of with these low calorie intakes.

I have a rant/complaint. This is December 5th, yeah less than 3 weeks until Christmas and I'm not sleeping. Just saw an Aldi commercial on TV for the eleventeenth time. Now Aldi' s is a nice enough place, have shopped there and saved money. And this advert is saying Food=Love. How many of us found ourselves heading to Bariatric Surgery for this reason? It is difficult to recover from alcohol addiction, rougher yet to recover from drugs, but when you are a "foodaholic: it is a life-long trial to become fast-food, high calorie SOBER. And it could have gone back to the 3 bags of Aldi chocolate chips YOU THOUGHT would make you a BETTER personmvNews Flash, They didn't!😧😪😧