Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok so I am officially on pureed foods as of today. I was burned out on creamed Soups for sure and the one lil cheat I had when I nibbled a cookie Saturday showed me that sugar tastes like crap now... so lesson learned.

So today I had....2oz of cottage cheese which was quite tasty and I wanted to eat more but nothing else was fitting in my new tummy. Then I had a scrambled egg with cheese on it, was right at 2oz there too and even yummier than the cottage cheese. And then I had spiced up tuna and mayo. The clouds parted and the angels sang! My tummy and mouth are happier than they have been in soooooo long.

Heh, who knew tuna with mayo was so good.

Lol...good for you! It’s the little things that make us happy right. Congratulations on your journey, get creative and try all kinds of delicious healthy recipes, I’m loving it.

Btw: Pinterest has tons of recipes for each stage 👍🏾

16 minutes ago, wanda247 said:

Lol...good for you! It’s the little things that make us happy right. Congratulations on your journey, get creative and try all kinds of delicious healthy recipes, I’m loving it.

Btw: Pinterest has tons of recipes for each stage 👍🏾

I must cave and actually try pinterest. Though I am gonna make the cheese bake thing someone has the recipe for around here.

Yes I tried it and it’s really good, of course I couldn’t eat much so I cut it up into small servings and froze it, it reheats very well too...there are a few variations which you can find on this site or YouTube. 😊

Perfect! I am happy about trying it for sure! Also, I am heading over to pinterest now too... I hope I can remember my login

On the purée stage I did a lot of puréed chicken salad, it was my go too. Simple and quick and very tasty 😋

I'm so eager to get to that stage and be able to get at least some of my Protein from food and not those vile shakes. Enjoy!

3 hours ago, wanda247 said:

On the purée stage I did a lot of puréed chicken salad, it was my go too. Simple and quick and very tasty 😋

That is definitely in my plans!!

2 hours ago, Swanton_Bomb said:

I'm so eager to get to that stage and be able to get at least some of my Protein from food and not those vile shakes. Enjoy!

I know, I was in heaven all day lol. I am going to a Bastille concert tomorrow after I get out of class and I am like, should I take my refried Beans with cheddar along with me to class to eat, or just wait til after the concert! Lol its such a relief to actually eat real food again, even if its not chunky!

I am almost there can't wait cream is so boring!

PaulE

I am excited my puree stage starts on Thanksgiving day. I see some ground turkey with cauli mash and gravy being pureed into some sort of thanksgiving Soup thing LOL.. Today i am 5 days post op. Almost feeling back to normal.. still slow on the walking, but getting all my liquids in! I am excited to try puree foods as well. another week and 2 days to go! :)

8 hours ago, FlyAwayFree said:

I know, I was in heaven all day lol. I am going to a Bastille concert tomorrow after I get out of class and I am like, should I take my refried Beans with cheddar along with me to class to eat, or just wait til after the concert! Lol its such a relief to actually eat real food again, even if its not chunky!

I'm so happy that you are enjoying your puree stage...it only gets better from there 😉

13 hours ago, paulec74 said:

I am almost there can't wait cream is so boring!

PaulE

Holy cow, it's so much better! I am already adjusting to the tiny portions and feel good to get a chunk of my Protein in without using shakes! It's actually fun to eat lol. I mean heck, I can blend anything and I finally feel like I can survive this and flourish! You got this, it will be ok very soon!!!

6 hours ago, Jazzy1125 said:

I am excited my puree stage starts on Thanksgiving day. I see some ground turkey with cauli mash and gravy being pureed into some sort of thanksgiving Soup thing LOL.. Today i am 5 days post op. Almost feeling back to normal.. still slow on the walking, but getting all my liquids in! I am excited to try puree foods as well. another week and 2 days to go! :)

Oh man that surely is reason to celebrate! I am so much happier with just having some pureed food. I felt like I was gonna just poop out and then when I woke today, I felt like a dark cloud had moved off of me... kinda like I was in survival mode and now I am getting a taste of living again (pardon the pun lol)! That's an awesome day to be able to do pureed Jazzy! You got this for sure!

5 hours ago, wanda247 said:

I'm so happy that you are enjoying your puree stage...it only gets better from there 😉

Girly, when I woke up this morning I finally had a sense of accomplishment. I didn't feel so lost and adrift. I am so happy to begin working with my own body to get to live a full life again! Sheesh, it was really getting to me! Thanks so much for all your support. I appreciate it so much.