Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded 11/7 and am really hungry!!

Hi. I'm having a really hard time. Now that I'm starting to heal I feel hungry... sometimes very hungry... and I'm really struggling with it:cry. I'm on a full liquid for the first two weeks and really do want to follow the rules, but i feel like I'm gonna lose it!! I dont want to fall back to old habits, but when I get this hungry, old habits start to come into my head!! I haven't breaken the rules, had a cracker to have the sensation of chewing. Went down fine? I wish I could get a fill now and start feeling the restriction so I can't eat.... 5 long weeks to go before real food consumption. Has anyone had this type of experience? What did you Do? HELP!!!:help:

Are you getting in at least 70 grams of Protein every day? Drinking 64 oz of Fluid? I was banded on the 1st and I'm not hungry yet but I have either low-carb SlimFast (20 grams of Protein per can) or chicken broth with a scoop of powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein powder (also 20 grams of protein) every few hours. I also have sugar-free popcycles, sugar-free Jello (sometimes made with Protein Powder or powdered egg whites) with a small dollop of sugar-free Cool Whip, Propel, and diet Snapple.

If you're doing all of that or something similar, then I suspect it's head hunger and the main cure for that is distraction, exercise (eventually) and re-commitment to your goals.

Good luck!

Just a few days after surgery I started having an appetite, but wasn't hungry. Had cravings, etc. I made sure i got my 3 Protein shakes a day and sipped on liquid nearly constantly.

I didn't feel hungry - but that didn't stop the cravings. Thankfully, those only lasted about 2 days. I forced myself through it and they went away.

hunger for me kicked in after about 2 weeks. I'm about 4 weeks out and on regular food. Only occassionally get hungry and fill up VERY quickly.

Persevere - and good luck to you!

I am 1 week post op and have a terrible cold, I can't stop coughing. I'm taking mucinex,but I wish I was feeling better,which has nothing to do with the band.

Well, I had my surgery on Nov 7th also, and I haven't felt hunger yet...matter of fact I have to force myself to eat. My problem is getting more than 100 calories in a day. I have to agree with the previous post, drink a lot of Water and make sure your drinking your Protein drinks...

I was banded on 11/9 and I know what you mean! I woke up yesterday hungry and it hasn't gone away. But I know with all of the activity in my stomach from the gas, that this might be mistaken as hunger, when it is really just grumbling . . . I don't feel week, or tired like I need to eat. So I am chalking this up to stomach activity! I can't wait - tomorrow I get to add 1-2 ounces of egg beaters or cottage cheese. I know it will taste like heaven!

Try Dannon Light & Fit smoothie -- they are *thick* enough to feel as if you're getting substance, but *liquid* enough to go down easily. They come in packs of 4, and are made with Splenda. 0 fat, 70 calories, 5g Protein -- while that's little they are filling me up as much as Protein Shakes with over 25g protein.

I was banded on 10/25 and am on the last phase of the liquid diet. See my surgeon on Friday for a 3-week follow-up, hopefully she will advance me to the mushie stage (fingers crossed).

I never really felt the old familiar hunger pains but the head hunger is there (I miss the chewing). Believe me, that's what got most of us into this predictament in the first place.

It does get easier as time passes, please be patient and listen to the good advice here, when the hunger hits - do something, don't just harp on it. I find that walking is the best for me, I put on my coat, go out and walk around. This takes your mind off of hunger and really helps your body.

Everyone keep up the good work.....

Journey began - 3/24/07 - 374lbs

Surgery Date - 10/25/07 - 337lbs

Today - 11/14/07 - 320lbs

I was hungry after a few days myself. The yogurt suggestion sounds good.

And drinking the Unjury Protein, which is the only one I can stand.

I was banded on 10/18 and my first fill on 11/27 can't come soon enough!

Hang in there, that's what I'm trying to do.:hungry:

I was banded on 10/24. I started getting very hungry by week 2. My surgeon said this is normal. Once your stomach isn't swollen anymore from the surgery your stomach is basically the way it was pre-surgery. I've been just as hungry as I was before the surgery. She said its to be expected and to also expect to gain some weight once on the food sections. I'm on 'mushy' foods but have been able to eat some toast also. I had lost 12 pounds pre banding, lost 7 after surgery, and have now gained 2.4 back. So at a total loss of 16.6. I am having a hard time with the fact that I gained some back. She said its normal but it doesn't feel normal to me. This week I maintained. I am 2 1/2 weeks from fill and freaking out. :help:

I'm in my third week since surgery and still have not been hungry -- at least, not the way I used to be. If I go too long without eating, I feel a little weak but I haven't had the empty pit feeling in my stomach.

When my hunger returns, however, I plan to eat until I'm not hungry, following all of my doctor's rules, of course. I'm not weighing myself and I don't really consider the weight I lost before surgery and in the week after actually gone. I fully expect to go back to the doctor next month and find that I am back to my presurgery weight. I don't expect to really start losing for good until I am restricted. If it is gone, then great! But I'm not getting on that scale roller coaster this time because this isn't some short-term diet -- it's the rest of my life!