Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is anybody hungry???

ANTELOPE???? Whoa! Ok, so I have to ask: where do you live that you're able to eat antelope?

Hey Carsons Mommy, I live in the bee-yoo-ti-ful state of Montana. Right now, my freezer contains antelop, deer, buffallo, elk, grouse, and a little bit of moose. DH is a hunter and fisherman, so I eat waaay more game than beef. Game is so lean that, when I do eat beef, I feel like I am eating butter. I also get trout pretty darn regularly.

LOL, on my third week post op I did the same smelled it, licked it, rolled it around in my mouth, chewed it lighty, and then promptly spat it out , with the best homemade dumplings I've ever made. I thought it was such a gross thing to do that I'd be the only one. You made me feel alot better about it.

Hee hee. We are the proud, the few, the spitters! If you do it delicately, no one knows, but the dog - and he's not talking.:(

Hey, Foofy. Where are you in Montana? I once took a trip through Glacier National Park (beautiful!!!) and Kalispell, and then camped out in the wilderness somewhere around there on a two-week wolf study. I had so much fun there and it was just so totally, awesomely beautiful. I can't say enough about it.

I work with food, so the smell makes me hungry. I'm finding it harder and harder to resist temptation, but I know I have to or all my HARD work will go to pot! I wasn't hungry for a few days post surgery, then at about 10 days bam! It hit! Now I'm counting down to my fill Dec 10th!

Boy JennJenn I can relate to that. I can't wait for my first fill either on the 12th! I'm hoping it will cut my food intake to about 1/2 of what I'm having now. Good luck to you on the 10th!

I have been really hungry the last few days and then last night I started my period and today I am not hungry at all. I've barely eaten anything. It is so weird. I actually know I have a band now. The fact the hunger is gone makes TOM worth it.

Jill:

I think it is so cute that you named your band...:) I feel like mine is going to get one too but I am working on just what yet...LOL

All I know is that I love him and he is doing great things for me already!!

I didn't eat so well today....My "visitor" should be here any day now....I have managed to completely avoid sweets though, so that is a positive. I've just come to realize that just about anything turns to "mushy" when you chew it enough...I don't think I like that realization. I actualy long for the opti-fast days again....okay, maybe not really, but I do long for the incredible amount of weight I lost when on Opti-fast pre surgery diet. I need a new job.

Kristin, I am truly LOL right now. I did not name by band. TOM stands for time of month. Maybe I should name by band though.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches