Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not losing weight since banding

I was just banded on the 24th of October and have been following my diet.

My problem is that when I weighed myself today (sixteen days later) my scales only say that I lost ten pounds!!!!! I am able to fit clothing that are two sizes smaller.Has anyone else had this experience? It is so disappointing.

Also, even though I only eat the foods and portions that I am supposed to eat I am not getting full.

HELP!:help:

I know we'd all love to see 50lb disappear overnight, but truly 10lb in 16 days is fantastic - you should be thrilled. Especially since this is 10lb that wont return. That's good loss, you've no reason to be upset about your progress.

Calunda,

Different people lose at different rates and if you are two clothes size different you are losing the scale just has to catch up with your body. Make sure you are getting plenty of Water and be patient! You will lose weight! Don't live by the scale. Measure yourself and compare inches as well as weight. Celebrate your success in whatever form it comes!:clap2:

Val

I too have already blown through 4 sizes smaller then when I had surgery, October 22, but the scale says 8 pounds only. I dont get it but I dont care either. Anything less than when I started is fine with me. I think your doing great. Good luck

You are doing great! There's no reason for you to be so hard on yourself! Keep up the good work and the pounds will continue to disappear!

Don't forget that we women have crazy fluctuations in our weight that don't make any sense at all! LOL

I have got to say that I have been really surprised!!!! I actually lost 27 pounds from October 24th to today...Thanksgiving 29 days ago! (Mind you I have not been weighed since November the 15th for a routine physical.)

I am doing a lot better than I thought even though I don't always feel full.

:)

<p>Calunda, have you had a fill yet? If not, your band is not really working for you yet. Determination and will power got me through my first 2 months post-surgery UNTIL my third fill, which hit the "sweet spot". I already had the "self-training" from being "good" for the past two months and when the restriction kicked in, it just further kept my portion size WAY down. However, during those first two months I DID loose 25 pounds...</p>

i have not lost a ton of weight since surgery and what i did lose as soon as i got on foods again i acutally gain some back which sucks but i have heard that this is normal so we will see i get my first fill on dec 11 hopefully that will make a difference for me but i know it is discouraging to me too you would think your stomach is the size of a what nickel or quarter? THEN ALL liquids FOR 5 FRICKEN WEEKS YOU WOULD THINK YOU WOULD DROP 50 LBS BUT NOT THE CASE LOL eveyone loses at a differnt rate plus i really dont have that much to lose which doc says that will make a difference too i had about 75 lbs to lose i have lost now about 18 started out 20 before i started foods so i have gained about 2 lbs back following docs diet plan!

Just remember that a pound of muscle takes up less space than a pound of fat. If you are working out, you are getting muscle which will melt away the fat. Yeah!

I started measuring myself. I'm on my liver shrinking diet. I have lost 10 pounds since my first consultation...six of them this week. I measured myself on 11/21/07. I will re-measure myself in two week and then every two weeks after that. The scale may not move but the inches will go away and the clothes size will get smaller.

My doctor said, 'It's really not how much weight you loose. You need to have your waist under 32 inches and a lower BMI.'

I have an MS Excel sheet for tracking my weight and measurements. I will share with anyone interested, just send me a private message with your email address and I will attached the document.

Good luck!

I was just banded on the 24th of October and have been following my diet.

My problem is that when I weighed myself today (sixteen days later) my scales only say that I lost ten pounds!!!!! HELP!:help:

You are doing OUTSTANDING!!!! That's about 2.5 pounds a week and that is fantastic! The average weight loss should be around 1-2 pounds a week. The idea is NOT to drop 50 pounds in a month. Your skin and hair will thank you for it. Trust me. This process is WAY stressful for the body, and you don't want to stress your body out any more than necessarily, hence, the slooooooooooowwwwww but steady loss. You have absolutely NOTHING to be discouraged about!

I had surgery Oct. 24th and have lost 15 pounds. I can relate and know it is hard during these first few weeks after surgery without any restriction, so any weight loss is a success whether or not it is two pounds or 10 pounds!

Even if I do no loose much more weight until my first fill I will be happy with what I did loose. :clap2:

Are you still doing Protein shakes twice day or do people stop the shakes after a certain point in their post op?