Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

They called my work!!!! D:

My HR person called me across the room and said (in an almost confused voice?) that Oregon Bariatric was on the phone for me on line 1!!!!

I was totally embarrassed and now I feel aweful. I don't know who heard.... And I feel all suspicious and paranoid and upset. I can't concentrate on work.

((I asked them to call my cell, they said they did but couldn't get through, come to find out my phone was out of batteries.))

Wow,now you are outed!

28 minutes ago, Medowsweet said:

My HR person called me across the room and said (in an almost confused voice?) that Oregon Bariatric was on the phone for me on line 1!!!!

I was totally embarrassed and now I feel aweful. I don't know who heard.... And I feel all suspicious and paranoid and upset. I can't concentrate on work.

((I asked them to call my cell, they said they did but couldn't get through, come to find out my phone was out of batteries.))

Oh no! That is such a HIPPA violation...especially sad coming from HR!!! You have every right to be upset and to submit a formal complaint. Oregon Bariatric was in the wrong for disclosing who they were and so was your HR colleague who yelled across the room.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

That's f*cked up. I would be livid at your doctor's office and your HR person.

1 hour ago, Medowsweet said:

My HR person called me across the room and said that Oregon Bariatric was on the phone - paranoid and upset. I can't concentrate on work.

@Medowsweet

Oh no!!

Of all people that did this - coming from HR - whole situation is terrible

If HR person asked who is calling? Bariatric Center should have said that

a doctors office was calling. Or take their phone # and you will call back.

If Bariatric center volunteered who they were - that was not right!!

obviously this was not handled well

good luck w/surgery

kathy

I would be really annoyed. Unfortunately now it’s out you can’t put it back in. Having WLS isn’t something we should have to feel embarrassed about.The more open we become the easier and more normal it will eventually become.

Aw man! That bites big green ones!!!!! ((hugs))

So was the HR person at least "discreet" about it? Or were there a butt load of peeps hangin?

On 10/29/2018 at 14:03, Medowsweet said:

I would be LIVID if this happened to me and I didn’t want my coworkers to know!!! What did you say to the HR person! And definitely your doctor’s office should not have said where they were calling from. I’m so sorry this happened to you! 😰

8 hours ago, elcee said:

I would be really annoyed. Unfortunately now it’s out you can’t put it back in. Having WLS isn’t something we should have to feel embarrassed about.The more open we become the easier and more normal it will eventually become.

I have been heavy since early childhood. I had to change elementary schools 4 times due to bullying.

It's a touchy subject in general... You know

I don't mind telling friends one on one one at a time but this particular issue is private and tied to a lot of old pain and trama...

Also there is a stigma of WLS that goes something like this: you obviously lack will power and can't stick to a diet so you carve up your body cuz you just can't say no to the Twinkies.

One on one I can set them strait or explain the truth before I tell them... Ideally they'll see me eating salad and hiking and lifting weights so they KNOW I am not trying to cheat or have no will power BEFORE I tell them.

7 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Aw man! That bites big green ones!!!!! ((hugs))

So was the HR person at least "discreet" about it? Or were there a butt load of peeps hangin?

Yeah, she could have just said, "call on line one"

3 hours ago, CyndieRI said:
10 hours ago, Medowsweet said:

I would be LIVID if this happened to me and I didn’t want my coworkers to know!!! What did you say to the HR person! And definitely your doctor’s office should not have said where they were calling from. I’m so sorry this happened to you! 😰

I didn't say ANYTHING. I didn't wanna look at or interact with her (but more from embarrassment then anger)

That's bullsht! If I were in your situation I'd go back to that HR person and their boss and tell them that was a HIPPA violation and you are considering reporting it. Same with the Bariatric office. I'd be so pissed!!!

This is so maddening. I would never let this go if it were me. Major violation. I'm very angry for you. They could and should have left a message. Wtf!!??

8 hours ago, rs said:

That's bullsht! If I were in your situation I'd go back to that HR person and their boss and tell them that was a HIPPA violation and you are considering reporting it. Same with the Bariatric office. I'd be so pissed!!!

I want to have a good relationship with my coworkers and not come accross as an angry trouble maker

At least HR didn't broadcast that you had a big box of Poo-Pourri waiting for you in the mailroom.:)

Seriously, very unprofessional. Was this the HR person's first day on the job? Maybe it'll be her last soon... if she keeps violating HIPPA.

Edited by Missouri-Lee's Summit