Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 month stall (need advice)

Hello, I'm new here and just find this website on a google search. I've basically been on my own for a majority of my weight loss journey but now seem to be stuck. My highest weight was 410lb, surgery weight was 389, current weight is 295. Its been about 7 months since I had my surgery, March 23rd but in the last 5-6 weeks I haven't lost a pound. I walked about 4-5 miles daily and go to the gym 3 times a week or more. I have been doing some weight training and can feel that some fat has definitely been converted to muscle but for me to not lose weight in a month and a half seems off to me. I eat about 100-120 of Protein a day 2 shakes a day and meats, some veggies but besides that i eat little carbs. Im at about 900 calories a day but usually work that out or close to it at least. Any advice would help. Thank you guys. Picture below are before and after

10502064_801739076613886_8077690699187674769_n.jpg.39e50701ae97fa2b5de14a644902bad6.jpg39227373_10212498322994139_4451687100693086208_o.thumb.jpg.514c8427754109cba99c6a87be4312d4.jpg

Edited by Fhroa

For a male who exercises that much, I would think that you should up your calories a bit. 900 seems pretty low for the amount of exercise you do.

@fancychristine, thanks for the advice, honestly I struggle to get to 900. Let alone having to eat more, it feels like it defeats the purpose of the surgery. I have heard that several time before from a few different places online and maybe that’s the answer.

Thanks @pyeager for the support!

Hi,

First: LOOKING GREAT

Next: You maybe in a long stall, It happens, believe me. What is your Water intake level? What kinds of Protein are you eating? (Not all are created equal) What are your bowel movements like? Getting enough Fiber? Vitamins & mineral? If all if those things are on point, your diet is tight, take a look at this thread

Run it past your team first (always tell them about changes and challenges)

Safe Journey!

Edited by GreenTealael

1 hour ago, FancyChristine15 said:

For a male who exercises that much, I would think that you should up your calories a bit. 900 seems pretty low for the amount of exercise you do.

Plateaus happen for us. Read up on this Getting past the Plateau so you can better understand them. You may very well be inducing the plateau. I had a 5 week stall 3 months ago.

@FancyChristine15 is right. My nutritionist had me go from 1000 cal to 12-1400 a day because the amount of exercise I was doing. She said that the body starts to go into starvation mode because your calorie intake is way less than your output and the body is trying to balance itself. She had me add healthy fats such as nuts or all natural peanut/almond butter for a bit more calories without the amount being to much for my sleeve. Also try some whole grains in your diet. Don't go overboard but a single slice of bread with a bit of nut butter of your choice prior to a work out will help out alot and you will burn through the carbs during the workout. Also if you are doing the same workout routine try changing it up. Congrats @Fhroa you are doing great, keep it up.

Edited by nenes78

Thanks everyone. I will read those articles in a few minutes. I think too much of a caloric deficit is my problem. This was my day today. I really have a hard time just meeting my 900 calories a day.

image-0.00298023223876953.jpg

image-0.00596046447753906.jpg

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

Thanks everyone for the advice!